- link CMV: There should be a regulation against money losing IPOs Tldr: Loss making IPOs - specially B2C - are a wealth transfer mechanism from the 99.99% to the 0.01% and YOU are an unwilling participant Long version: Zynga, Snap, Groupon, Gopro, Fitbit, Blue Apron.. All loss making unicorns that are currently trading below IPO price. Let’s ask outselves: Who h
- Opinion on better index fund for 401K After reading Tony Robbin’s Money Master the game book. I started regretting investing in high expense Mutual funds under my 401K plan. My employer’s 401K plan offers around 15 funds and the following two looks promising both in expense ratio/other fees vs performance since inception. Vanguard Inst
- 401k status after lay off? I have recently got lay off. What happens to the 401k investments in sectors that are only offered by my [former] employer? I have fidelity and picked low cost index funds when I was employee. I am not sure if fidelity moves my money to some other expensive target funds that I not interested in.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- 2019 unicorn, what should I do when selling I have ~1.5 million in equity with one of the companies that will ipo in 2019. My plan is to sell everything averaged over a couple of months and buy target date funds. What should I keep in mind when doing this? Also, I have since moved from CA to an even higher income tax city. Is it worth movin
- Are vanguard target retirement funds ok? Assume I’m mid 50s and have about 100k in savings (total) and don’t expect to make much more money. I do have an almost paid off house.
- 401k rebalance Given we are 9 years+ into a bull marker, any thoughts on a good rebalance strategy for 401k? How does this sounds? Large cap stocks - 25% Mid/Small cap stocks - 25% Bonds - 25% International stocks - 15% Cash or Blended mutual funds like target 20xx - 10%
- Vanguard target fund - retirement What target funds do people use for retirement 401k saving? Do you really use ideal retirement year? Trying to understand if better right now to use safer fund since economy cannot stay this good forever.
- Vanguard target date retirement fund vs select your own Vanguard target date retirement fund has an expense ratio of 0.05 and vtiax total international stocks had an expense ratio of 0.11. Isn’t the latter expensive? Target date fun d includes this so why do people buy individual funds rather than target date? Aside from being able to control the breakdo
- Vanguard 401k fund symbols In my 401k account from Amazon, I have following funds: Vanguard Institutional 500 Index Trust Vanguard Target Retirement 2050 Trust Select I want to track them using Google finance's excel function, but they don't have a public symbols. And prices are different from their similar public funds. Is
- How actively do you make trades in your 401(k)? I’m not an active trader. I want to ask questions before I make any changes. I’m curious how actively everyone is trading in their employer-sponsored accounts, and what types of trades you’ve utilized to get you the best performance. I’ll detail my current situation below. ERISA-compliant 401(k) t
- Home owners- at what stage u buy investment property? I live north of Seattle. I put 10% down on my first house and I’m paying debt (mortgage + HELOC + property tax) monthly which is 23% of my base pay (before taxes) and 13% of my total comp (before taxes). Bought the house less than a year ago and its my primary residence. No other debt. Now in a sav
- Best Funds for HSA investment Help me with the Best funds among below: American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc F2 BlackRock Equity Dividend Inst Dodge & Cox Income Fidelity Low-Priced Stock John Hancock Fdmlt Large Cap Core Lord Abbett High Yield Neuberger Berman Genesis Fund - INST Oppenheimer Developing Markets Inst Schwab Tar
- Anyone used M1 Finance to buy stocks or funds? Planning to use this brokerage account for index funds like VTI, VOO etc. I especially like their Pie feature which makes it easy to set up how your money flows into target funds per your specified asset allocation and also monitor over time. Any reason you would not use this?