- Feeling bad about how much I am making Sorry about this brain dump, I just feel like I need to let this out... I make standard amount of fang tech salary (not a lot per blind standard) but I feel bad about how much I am making and how greedy I became when switching jobs / negotiating offers. Last year my son’s daycare teacher got fired
- Why not raising the level of fear in people by showing Walmart bloody scenes? We are now so used to shootings news that we don't take it seriously anymore. After a few days, we forget about it. I feel if TV media starts showing bloody scenes of shootings with bullets hitting heads and bodies, then people get so fearful that they start protesting to force politicians to do som
- Ethics violations in Walmart? This seems unreal! Seeing a case where a senior employee seems to be untouchable in Walmart sunnyvale. Inspite of a few ethics violations, raised to leaders, no action is being taken. Some of the violations are, threatening junior employees, ageism and retaliation. Seems like an Uber in making e
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Walmart UPDATE: SWE Level 3 to Senior Hi I’ve 7 yoe and after my onsite, I’m being offered software engineer level 3 at Walmart with the following package: Base salary: 140K 20K RSU’s (vest over 4 years) Annual RSU Refresher of 20K Annual Bonus of 16% Annual Raise of at least 2.3% Sign on bonus: 15k Thanks for all the useful comme
- Should I join a post Series B startup I have three offers Dropbox, SF - TC ~450K as an EM AutoDesk, SF - TC ~230K as an EM Startup, LA - TC ~180K (plus 100K equity/year) as a Dir of Eng. Now I am mostly lingering between Dropbox or the start up. Even though the start up is paying less cash their equity is pretty decent with a good up
- link Good or bad? Amazon raises minimum wage to $15 Just curious how this will affect Amazon and if it will cause prices to increase much if at all? Have employees at Walmart seen this impact their business at all since raising their minimum wage too? I assume Target is the next to be pressured to raise their minimum wage to $15/hour if they haven’t
- link Walmart closing 63 SAMs club stores https://amp.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1 What do you guys think? This coincides with the news that Walmart is raising minimum wages to $11/hr.