- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- vote New grad Airbnb or Stripe? Got offers from both for new grad. Stripe comp is ~120k base + 50k signing + ~250k in stock (at 22b valuation) Airbnb comp slightly higher in base but same signing and stock. Which one would you take? Edit: Forgot to mention Stripe is in Seattle and Airbnb is in SF Edit: Stripe is about to raise i
- Thoughts on the next FAANG-grade companies! Trying to crowdsource opinions on which companies will become next generation of FAANG-grade companies. The way I’m looking at it, I’d put Salesforce, PayPal and other $100B+ marketcap enterprises with 2000%+ growth over the last decade into this bucket. Trying to learn about companies across the US
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Growing Startups/ Unicorns 🐐 which startups / well funded unicorns are fast growing and recruiting heavily? wework? stripe? crowdstrike?
- Is this pay based tiering accurate ? Tried to arrange prominent tech companies according to pay (just pay, NOT wlb, NOT quality of work, NOT prestige etc.). Does this look accurate ? Appreciate any inputs. Tier 0: Netflix Tier 0.5: Google, Facebook, Airbnb, OCI Tier 1: Uber, LinkedIn, Lyft, Stripe, Pinterest, Square, Dropbox Tier 1.5
- Which finance firms have high standards for tech/engineering? Not talking about fintech (like stripe etc), but rather financial firms (hedge funds/prop trading). Other than the ones below: - Jane street - two sigma - hudson river trading
- Wtf Stripe? How can the CEO take $245M in new funding and yet claim they won’t go public? Why would they claim they’re doing super well and then take that giant hit in dilution? I would be so disappointed if I worked there. Worthless equity. Quote below from their CEO: “We have no plans to go public," said Joh