- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- Google L7 vs L8 EM Went through L8 Dir. Eng. Interviews but role was pulled (reorg) even before HC process. Recruiter said feedback was good and to wait for another opportunity. He did suggest a Cloud team that was looking for L7 Mgr. Coming from prev VP Engg to current Sr Dir role in software group (via acquisition)
- Switch from IC to manager I feel like my career is stagnated as an IC. Moving up “levels” as an IC doesn’t necessarily mean change in visibility. I work at a 70 person startup and lead, senior, junior developer is just a random title that doesn’t necessarily mean higher salary or responsibility. I barely got a 2.5% bump in b
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Does industrial espionage exist between Fangs? Say FB wants to collect intelligence on Googles internal infrastructure down to the code level, or to know what Googles new products are in then works. Is it feasible for fb to send one of their employees to interview at Google, say a E6 to an equivalent position at Google. So to boost his chance
- Nationalism is the “organized religion” of the 20/21st centuries. Religious people get a bad rap for believing in invisible things and myths, but imo, most people are not religious due to they myths, rather they seek wholeness and connection via spiritual answers and practice. I’m an atheist, but those seem like understandable desires. But more common than religi
- vote Sending InMail to introduce myself include my resume or not? I am trying to introduce myself to people in my field in hopes of snagging an interview at a tech company at some point. Is cold InMail-ing a good idea on LinkedIn? Or shall I promote myself via Facebook or LinkedIn ads? Non tech TC 98k