- Vanguard brokerage tax documents When are Vanguard brokerage tax documents typically available? Do they post online or mail it?
- How to move pre tax 401k fidelity to vanguard pre tax 401k My GF's company has only fidelity option for 401k. Is it possible to directly send pre tax 401k to vanguard? If no, can I move pre tax 401k money from fidelity to vanguard ?
- H1B - Vanguard Vanguard asks if we are a Resident or Non Resident with regards to the citizenship in US. H1B falls under NR for citizenship but Resident for Tax purposes right? How does one open a Vanguard account then?
- Self-managed index fund investment vs. robo investment I have a self-managed 3-fund index fund portfolio in vanguard, and a small investment at wealthfront with risk score of 9. While vanguard index funds have lower expense ratios, wealthfront provides tax-loss harvesting which can close the gap. Is there any analysis or pointers to the comparison two m
- Have you been able to import 1099 forms from vanguard in TurboTax I have been struggling to import 1099 tax forms from vanguard in TurboTax. I'm tired of calling turbotax, really bad customer service. Vanguard ppl were nicer but washed hands too. The USA is not what it used to be, not many good companies left.
- Mega backdoor Roth Looking to hear only from this who actually do mega backdoor Roth conversions on a regular basis, not those who may have just heard or read about it. I make after-tax contributions (and max out pre-tax) from my paychecks to my 401k account at Vanguard. The 401k plan allows taking in-service withdra
- What to do after contributing to pre-tax 401k? Finance noob here. I started work in august and hit my 18.5k limit for my traditional 401k recently. We use fidelity and I opened a Vanguard Roth ira recently but have no idea what to do next. Do I just contribute a set percentage to after-tax on fidelity and roll over to vanguard? And how do I mega
- Treasury bill vs CD If planning to invest short term are treasury bills better than CDs? I read that no state tax on the interest earned on treasury bills. What are the pros and cons? Also do you guys use Fidelity or Vanguard to buy the treasury bills? TIA
- Roth Fund Selection Hi folks. I'm about to do the yearly $5.5K backdoor Roth and wanted to ask about fund selection. I already own Vanguard Total Market Index in my brokerage account. It's a very tax-efficient fund, and since Roth has tax advantages I wanted to leverage that by placing less tax-efficients funds there.
- Vanguard vs Robo-Advisors I was a happy Vanguard user for years, then jumped Betterment a couple of years ago. Now, I’m having reservations. Other than Tax Loss Harvesting, I can’t see how Betterment is better. I can’t see how Wealthfront is any better either. Am I missing something? The main thing the Robo-Advisors seem to
- Retirement account investment question I am interested in getting some advice on investing in tax-advantaged accounts. I currently max out my roth-401k (18k) and the company matches 9k pretax. I am currently single and so my tax rate is very high (my TC is 500k+ now). I read about mega backdoor roth and checked out other blind posts rega
- IRA and Non-residents I'm planning to open a traditional (pre-tax) IRA account with Vanguard. I'm a non-resident who might move back to my home country in next few years. 1. What are the tips for minimizing the taxes if I do a early withdrawal on reaching my home country? 2. For early withdrawal (IRA distributions)
- How do you all invest in vanguard, wealthfront, betterment, robinhood, 401k without triggering wash sale rule? New to investing and curious how you all deal with wash sale rule (in anticipation of tax season)? I currently have most of money invested in wealthfront with TLH and DI turned on. Due to DI, wealthfront buys and sells individual stocks too. Now, I also like to buy some individual stocks via robin
- Where to park money? Where should I park the money I’m saving for a house? I already max out post-tax 401k ( havent looked into mega backdoor yet ) and put aside 3k / month in a Vanguard index fund. Where should I put the rest of my money after bills, rent, etc. to maximize saving for a house? (And don’t want to play wi
- Parking cash for down payment? Sounds like a lot of people on here are parking cash for a down payment on a place or hoping to eventually snatch a bargain on a real estate investment. Where do you keep this money and how are you having it work for you? Let’s keep retirement funds out of the discussion and talk short-medium term.
- What do you do with your investments during volitile market conditions? Wide swings in the market are obviously hammering 401k and investment accounts. I've already taken steps to minimize impact by investing 401k in targeted date index funds and investment account is primarily low cost Vanguard index funds. I do have some company stock which has done reasonably well an
- Indians in US, where/how do you invest your money? Is there a ELI5 which I can refer to understand my options of investing in US. I've read about vanguard MFs. They seem like a decent option. I don't want to get into real estate(as I like liquidity). Also, I want to understand if I should invest in 401k(I dont plan to retire in US). Btw, 401k is th
- Got a windfall: where to invest? Managed to sell a small portion of my startup equity and have made 1M cash, which will be taxed at long term capital gain. Where should I put the after tax money to diversify? My current net worth not considering this sale is 800k split in vanguard funds and bonds 80/20. I also have a 3% stake in c
- Anyone here uses TillerHQ.com? https://www.tillerhq.com/ I use Google sheets to track my investments. Once in a while, I go and update me positions/quantities in the sheet, then use GOOGLEFINANCE API to get the actual Dollar amount of my positions. I have accounts with several providers (Trad.ira & Roth ira with Fidelity, broke
- 50K extra to invest I have 50K extra to invest, and i have already diversified my other investments to many different areas using: Vanguard 3-fund index fund portfolio ( vtsax, vtiax, vwitx (60/30/10) ), M1Finance 3-fund ETF portfolio ( vti, vxus, vteb (60/30/10), individual company stocks and ESPP (around 80K), Treasu
- vote Investment advice Hi Blind I am 32yo, live in the Bay and am a happy renter, I rent an apartment close to work spending $3000/mo (probably going up this year). I don’t have a family, I just have a long term girlfriend and probably am not going to have kids, not interested. My net worth is 1.5M, all invested in Vang