- Small asp coding CTO for 15 years, 20 yoe, market val/ possibilities? I have been the cto & lead programmer of a small (2 person + occasional freelancers/offshore) NYC startup for 15 years. We are finally shutting down the co for biz reasons, and I wonder what options are realistic. B4 cto I spent 5 years working at a digital agency as a backend developer, last billi
- Blind community, you are blind. RE: UBER layoffs First off, anyone who was laid off at Uber, I hope you find a good job soon. Uber doesn’t deserve your talents. -From your big bro upstairs at 1455. To everyone else hyping the sh*t out of Uber pre-Ipo. Shaking my head to you. All you saw on blind were posts of how Uber was “supreme”. The hottest
- vote Will Google acquire VMWare? VMWare is doubling down on kubernetes, and Google is the leader but is struggling to gain cloud marketshare. As adoption of k8s increases, will Google consolidate its cloud with VMWare to be a strong competitor to the AWS/Azure dominance? Think ATT, Verizon, with Tmobile and Sprint attempting to mer
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- AMAZON IS A DISRUPTION MACHINE! I know people here put a lot of sh*t posts about Amazon but it is a disruption machine and can reach 3T$ valuation in next 10 years. I mean look at their portfolio, E-commerce Cloud Computing Music Streaming Digital Content Online book reading Voice Assistant Grocery Outlets Live Entertainment mark
- What makes people want to work for Facebook - other than the RSU ? I see a lot of posts where even with comparable TC with other companies like Google / Oracle OCI / Linkedin. People recommend joining FaceBook - Id really like to know why. What are some of the interesting projects at Facebook. What are the some of the interesting groups to work for at Facebook ?
- FANG for Telecom? Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the telecom industry. Have a family friend who is a recent college grad interested in working as a networking engineer at a telecom company. I think the industry fascinates them. Obviously working for cloud provider would be best, but for someone who wants to
- Edge computing: telcos vs cloud Edge computing is such a hot topic these days, I think because it can potentially be an area where cloud players like AWS are dethroned. I know that cloud companies currently have an upper hand in edge computing, but could you see AT&T, Verizon and other mobile companies surpassing them? It seems li
- What’s your personal backup solution? Local? Cloud? I am making a change soon where I can have a local copy and cloud backup. I’d like to hear feedback on my idea and hear some backup and network setups that other Blind members have. I want to set up a weekly / monthly backup or incremental backup to a single archive containing my entire partition l