- FB/G: Grass greener on the other side When I was at FB, its blind channel was full of complaints about crappy code, bad wlb, high stress, etc. and folks advising to switch to Google, Airbnb etc. for a better life. I was there for 4 years, was fed up with the hectic life and moved to Google. Now on Google’s blind channel I see folks co
- vote Airbnb vs. Uber SWE Offers I have offers from Airbnb and Uber. Both in SF 2yoe Uber software engineer II 152k base 13.5k-27k annual cash bonus 52k-105k annual stock refresh 50k sign on bonus 9600 stock units / 4 years at 409a price (I think this equates ~390k over 4 years. Correct me if I am wrong) Airbnb L4 SWE: 180k base
- What is market TC for software engineer with 2 years of experience in SF What is competitive TC for software engineer with 2 years of experience in SF. Avg for Twitter Salesforce DocuSign Fitbit Airbnb. Base salary Stock Bonus Sign on
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Airbnb relocation benefit I am relocating to sf for a new job at airbnb. I have to break my apt lease which cost me thousands of dollars. Before I signed the offer, I brought this up and the recruiter said he needs to double check but I should be ok. I was under the impression that Airbnb would explicitly cover it, but when
- Will these companies offer more than FB? I’m currently in the interview process for a new grad swe position. I have a new grad offer from FB for $110k salary, $160k rsu/4 years $65k sign on. I was offered interviews at: Caspar AI Asana Stripe Airbnb Rubrik Robinhood Optiver Trading Cloudflare Confluent Affinity Snap (Application Security
- Airbnb vs Google I work for Google for around 1 year and 8 months now. Recently Airbnb gave me a higher offer. Google: L3, TC: 160k 126k (base) + 135 share of stock (4 years). Airbnb: L4, TC: 300k 185k (base) + 450 stock (4 years) I personally still loves the product and infra of Google. Should I accept this of
- vote Behavioral Interview Questions MEGA LIST For those struggling in behavioral interviews, here are some questions from the top companies: ## General - Why do you want to work for X company? - Why do you want to leave your current/last company? - What are you looking for in your next role? - Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with
- vote FB/MSFT/Snap Senior-level offers Current: L6/SDE3 w/280k TC @ Amazon. 5ish YoE total, but I’ve been effectively running a team for a couple years and have a pretty broad scope of work. Thinking of moving on because I’m bored and have a pretty low opinion of Amazon in general...but frankly, I could also ride it out here a good while
- I want to move to Portland, but software engineering jobs are scarce. Please help. It seems like the only big companies with presence in Portland are Nike and Airbnb (there aren't too many jobs at the Airbnb office). I'm a software engineer and would love to move there if I can find a good job that pays at least $110k (base salary). Any suggestions for good places to check out?
- What companies are better? Let's consider the following set: * Amazon * Google * Facebook * Apple * Microsoft * Netflix * Airbnb What are the companies not listed above that are better than the worst company listed above? Criteria for determining better/worse: * Opportunity for growth - 70% * Salary and perks - 30% I kno
- Why is Salesforce so stingy with RSUs?! I make $200k cash + 15% bonus. Got 58k RSUs over 4 years. Just interviewed for a similar job at Airbnb and the salary was the same except $400k RSUs! Salesforce seems horribly, horribly off market here. I’m non-engineering GBO.
- Advice on Airbnb vs Google Another one of these. I'm currently an L5 with 3 years experience and received these offers. I'm having a hard time choosing because team matching with Google has been difficult - I haven't found anything that peaks my interest yet. Google leveled me at L3, Airbnb at L4. Comp packages ended up in t
- Airbnb product manager compensation Curious what the compensation looks like. Glassdoor lists the average base salary for a PM at Airbnb is 127k, which seems very low to me. Thoughts? Appreciate some real data here and no troll responses on this thread. Thank you, Blind community.
- Why are people joining unicorn startups? I am a newbie and am not aware of why people are joining companies such as Airbnb / Lyft / Uber ? Is the base salary high ? What about TC, I assume it would not be high since the company isn't public yet. Is it because of the company work, like people believe in the company and want to contribute?
- Stackoverflow discouragement for applying for a job. I have been working on my own startups for last 5 years; established 2 companies, one took off, makes around 500k yearly, and one didn’t. The one didn’t take off was in US and it was my recent one. I raised money for it from US investors and also went through one of the well known startup accelerato
- How to maximize salary in ten years after college Option 1: Switch between large companies every few years (Google to FB and back) Option 2: Work at unicorns (Uber, Lyft, Airbnb, Pinterest, etc). Then on year 10 switch to a large company. Which path will lead to the highest salary at a large company?
- Senior software engineer SRE Airbnb salary range Hello I have an offer from a tier 2 company but I’m in the interview loop for senior software engineer , SRE at Airbnb. I have to accept or push back on existing offer What will really help is knowing the salary range for the role and anything about the team and role.Thanks!
- Dream role or dream company? I have three offers, 2 for Product Manager roles and 1 for Manager, Tech Support. let's say salary part is similar for all three(+-5K) but all three companies are totally different from one another. let's call them company A B C, each from different verticals (A-recruiting, B-data automation & C-aer
- Evaluate (& advise on) TC offer in Seattle area Technical pre-sales role (ideal dynamic for me) Private company offered $215k ($175k base salary + $40k OTE) Equity: 15k options over 4 years with ~$4 strike price, ~115m shares outstanding. Preferred share value ~$10 7yoe I had to push a bit on the cash side, but I suspect equity is too low even