- Opinions on offers I recently got several offers from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Amazon, Microsoft, Snapchat as well as some other start-up and midsize companies like Akamai. Here is TC, team and level: Facebook (WhatsApp, data infra): 155k+300k (4 yrs)+100k+10%=270.5k, E4 Google (Fire base): 140k+300k (4 yrs)
- Akamai offer I am getting an offer from Akamai. 155k base 15% bonus 35k rsu over 4 years and 12k starting bonus. This is for senior software eng. How does it look? Also want to know how is the situation in Akamai right now. This is for 10 yoe.
- Is it worth jumping ship for better TC? Boston area 12 yoe Tc is roughly 170k base 15% bonus and 50k stock. About 250k. Hard to predict stock at Akamai since refreshers are on a 3 year cycle instead of 4 (equity curve more loaded toward the shorter term) and refreshers can wildly swing up and down year to year. My refreshers have averaged 40k but I have re
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Akamai vs Symantec Worse comes to worse, as in I fail my remaining interviews, should I stay at Akamai or go to Symantec? In either case, I’ll still be interviewing again after 6-9 months. Akamai: 117,300 base 10% bonus, 47k/4 years rsu Symantec: 130,000 base 10% bonus, 15k signing bonus and 25k/4 years RSU The onl
- Promotion from Software Engineer-II to Senior Software Engineer What does it take to get promoted from SE-II to Senior SE at Akamai and other companies in general? Also, what kind of hike or stock options accompany the promotion? MS in CS (graduated 2017) YOE: 2.5 SE-II TC: 125K base, no stocks. Not in Bay Area.
- Compensation at Akamai I am about to get a offer of Principal software engineer at Akamai in their Cambridge office. What is the base, bonus, rsu and refresher I should expect or I should negotiate for?