- Weekend jobs for socialization? Thinking about picking up a weekend job or something of the sort to get out and socialize and meet some new people. Not really interested in gig work, maybe something with some equity benefits? Only thing that comes to mind currently is a barista at Starbucks or something. Thoughts? Edit: Just l
- People with higher income are more selfish I think the above statment is true. For instance, we were coming back from GHC conference and our seat assignment got messed up and the agent couldnt help us. On the first flight, there was a nice lady who was more than happy to switch seats saying I have kids and I know how difficult is to travel w
- Do people really work in coffee shops I always see people sitting in Starbucks and they have some code opened on their screens and they have their head phones on. Since some of them are pretty cool looking I also decided to work in the coffee shop for 1 day. My experience was that even if you have noise cancelling head phones still th
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Good coffee shops in Seattle Eastside? What are some good coffee shops to read, light coding, emails in the Seattle area Eastside? Of course, with WiFi and open late? It's a productivity boost one in a while to see some new faces than the boring ones at work. Tried the library and is boring. : No Starbucks, these days they are de
- Crazy day... So my 18 year old car (suv) gets its first flat at home. I debated on calling AAA or DIY. Young son was around so decided on DIY. It as struggle to get the spare out. Somehow got it out. As suspected, it only had 35 psi as opposed to 60. All those tyre shops that lie to me that my spare was good!
- Video interview at Starbucks/ Coffee shop? I was interviewing for a company in Central Time zone and I'm in the East. I had a video interview at 5:30pm my time & couldn't get out of work on time. The drive back home is usually 20 mins and with less than 15 minutes left I drove to the nearest Starbucks. It was actually a good interview experi
- Good place to sit and get work done in SF? Tired of sitting at Starbucks all day Have some personal work/projects I'm working on (only using my laptop). Anyone know any good places to sit and get some work done? Something like a university library would be great, but it seems like USF library is restricted to students