- Google Bangalore: Projects, Promotions, & Compensation? I see too many job openings for Google India especially Bangalore region, however, there seem to be *very few* interesting teams/products that are being worked on there, considering Bangalore to be the silicon valley of India. Google Bangalore has the following teams: Google Home & Nest, Search, GP
- FANG obsession? What is this obsession with fang? I’m sorry but these companies are destroying the world and you all want to be a part of it? I don’t think you all realize how POWERFUL your skills as a software engineer are. Please think about how these companies are shaping society. Facebook/ Instagram is direct
- Apple Home vs Cruise received offers from Apple’s homekit group and Cruise automation. Cruise offer is higher than Apple if I include RSUs but Apple RSUs are liquid while Cruise isn’t. Cruise has more uncertainity in terms of future than Apple but the technology is good (likely open doors to other related robotics compa
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Retire with $5M in the Bank? I’m 38, married, dual income, two kids under 10, own my house, live in Silicon Valley, and generally hate every aspect of working for a company. Unfortunately, I’m not an engineer or entrepreneur, so the corporate grind is my only option. My wife and my goal is to stop “having” to work in our earl
- Lyft vs Nest vs Amazon I have verbal offers from these companies for software engineering roles ( I have around 3.5 years of experience along with a Masters ). Will hopefully get the numbers this week. I am inclined a bit towards lyft as its still young, seemed to have good culture and felt like the work will be exciting.
- C/hardware-level SWE career options? I have fullstack experience (React, Java, etc) and have been thinking that I want to make devices, not just web apps. What type of skills should I hone to become more qualified to touch lower level code at Nest/AMD/Square/Apple or other companies that use embedded systems? I'm currently getting used
- Constantly make it to the final stages of design interviews but don’t get the job I’ve interviewed with Google, Amazon, Nest, Palantir, and some other companies. I make it through every stage flawlessly but at the end don’t make it through. It’s definitely not a question of skills. Does anyone know common reasons for this? Maybe I just don’t fit in with them?
- Home security system Nest, amazon, adp, local companies, others? What’s yours? And why is it better than others?
- Transfer from Nest to Google If you’re a current Nest employee, say a Software Engineer, how hard is it to transfer to Google? Do they require you to go through another interview process just like others outside the company? Or do you just talk to Nest HR and they’ll work it out with you? I heard someone saying that Nest HR wil
- IoT, Home Automation, Wearable HW Companies I am a Hardware Engineer looking to transition into consumer facing product design and am passionate about IoT, Home Automation, and Wearables. Here are a list of companies I am already looking into: Nest, Fitbit, Google, Amazon Labs, Apple Any other promising companies out there you guys recommend
- Joining Nest as a Google employee Prior to Nest being integrated under the Google Hardware division, I heard that there was very little mobility from Nest to other Google teams because it was thought of as a different company. I have an offer from Google and am wondering if joining Nest would be limiting in some way? Also, how has N