- Switching to new company while ead is processing? I’m still waiting for my ead card to come out even 3months after my opt app is submitted. This makes me so nervous and afraid of the chance that my offer might get canceled.. worst case scenario — i might have to get a new job if my company doesn’t wanna wait for me. Should I start applying to new c
- Filing tax by our selves vs tax agency I am in H1B visa, I am filing with a private company and they are charging me $250. I was worried about post filing support , if there is a audit query happens even as random pick. I wanted professional guidance hence filing with private company as of now. But my friends are filing using taxact ,
- Should I take my Master's degree? I'm a sw engineer at one of respectful big software companies. I'm considering to take Online Masters degree from Georgia Institute of Technology. My goal is to become an entrepreneur/billionaire or president in Big IT company because I like to have a respectful job. I really enjoy the feeling when
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Looking for Referrals for QA position My friend is looking for a QA position with 12+ yoe. She is well versed in automation using Swift and XCUI Test framework. Have experience with Selenium as well. Expert in APP and UI testing (both manual and automation). Also, has experience in Wireless Device testing. Currently a H1B visa holder ti
- H1-b transfer for MSEE working in CS fields I know that a lot of PMs are finding it hard to transfer their H-1b visa because that speciality occupation requires MBA and folks with MS or related fields are being rejected unfortunately ... I have a masters degree in Electrical Engineering. Will it be difficult for me to transfer to pure App co
- Great experience with recruiter @Google Recruiters have such a bad rep on this app. I just wanted to say that i had an awesome experience with mine recently. I was hired for a design role. Through out months of visa process, she has always been quick to respond, friendly, engaged and I felt she had my back. No question here. Just a stat
- Is Blind disproportionately Indian? Really strong engagement in H1B/work visa threads and other topics that are more relevant to Indians working in the US. I also saw demographic polls here where respondents reported their country of origin/whether they were citizens and the US/citizen numbers were surprisingly low while Indian/H1B/no
- Starting my business under my spouse name So under my given circumstances of work (h1b) visa restrictions (and waiting for lifetime for green card), I cannot simply start a business in United States on my name. But, I can under my spouse's name (who is on EAD, legally allowed to start a business) Now, me being a techy guy, unlike my wife,
- Indian Bodyshop codebros Life is just absolutely brutal as a Software Engineer / App Developer from India working with Body Shops on an H1B Visa. I’m at a stage where I’m feeling like my career is stagnating, not doing well financially, low periods of ‘reasonable peace’ where I’m not a) Interviewing with idiot recruiters fo
- Looking for a senior mobile developer The Austin, TX based startup I work for is looking for a senior mobile developer. If you’re experienced (specifically with Android), good at what you do, and interested in working on an exciting consumer app, DM for more info and I can refer you. I quit Microsoft to join this company and feel like
- Can h1 holder invest in Acorns? Hi, I am on my H1 visa. I wanted to invest in Acorns app. Is this app only for American citizens? Or anybody can use it?
- Any Senior Android developers here? I recently moved to Austin to join a startup and we’re looking to hire a Senior Android Developer to work on an exciting consumer communication app. Competitive compensation + relocation. If you’re interested and qualified, I can refer you. DM me for details. Edit: No visa sponsorship, sorry.