- Amazon Fire stick feature decisions Who in engineering or product thought it was a brilliant idea to remove screen calibration from the device? It's present on the Fire Stick 1, Fire TV 1&2... But not the Fire Stick 2
- Pivot@Amazon vs Fire? Does pivoted@amazon means I got fired? My manager says both are different and you're not fired. Did he just try to console me?
- Does Amazon fire a new employee? Does Amazon fire a new employee within first 6-7 months? What are generally the expectations from new employees in Amazon, how much ramp-up time they get? Can a new employee get away after doing some blunders in the initial months?
- Amazon Fire TV Sr TPM opportunity Hi all I am currently working as a PM at Microsoft at entry level since the last 1 year and 2 months. Before that I worked at a not so famous company as an Associate PM for 8 months. I recently got approached by a hiring manager at Amazon for an opportunity as a Sr TPM in fire TV org. Looking for
- Anyone interviewed with Amazon Prime Video on Fire TV? Hi, has anyone here interviewed with Amazon Prime Video on Fire TV? It's a team based in Seattle that does full stack development for Prime Video on Fire TV. I will begin the process soon and just wanted to ask the community if anyone has any experience with interviewing with this particular team.
- Who hates ONTRAC? For the love of god, fire them Amazon.
- How is the Fire team in AWS Seattle? I hear terrible things about AWS wlb. Anyone familiar with the Amazon Fire team ? TC 356k
- Will Oracle fire me as soon as I put in notice? I’m going to Amazon. My vest is end of June. If I put in two weeks notice for the last day as my vest date, will they just fire me immediately?
- Why is Amazon is hiring like crazy Amazon is hiring new grads like crazy And the bar has become really low.. I gave 5 onsite rounds vs some people getting offers after 2 coding and 1 virtual round Is it a good time to join amazon, or are they following hire fast fire fast approach. P.S I’m on a visa
- Thoughts on Snap’s Visual Search feature? Snap’s feature of scanning physical objects and getting Amazon url for the same is pretty cool. Other products like Google Goggles and Amazon Fire Phone have tried that in the past but maybe the tech wasn’t upto the mark then. What else do you think could be different?
- Referrals Wanted Hi all, I have onsites coming up with Apple, Amazon and a few no name startups. Just wanted to interview around so I can leave my dumpster fire company. Any other companies are welcome too - I can only tag up to 3. If you would be willing to refer a backend SWE with ~ 2 YoE, that would be awesome
- How do you see Square faring in the future? I know the stock is on fire for the last couple of years. But, payments is a niche field and there are formidable competetiors like Stripe and Paypal operating in the same area. So, can someone who has more knowledge of Payments comment on how they see Square faring in the coming years? I have an
- AWS TAM I got an offer for L5 AWS TAM. I wanted some insight on the work culture and overall WLB. Also, does Amazon put ppl in PIP or fire just like that? Or were they genuinely underperforming? The reason I ask is I read a lot of horror stories on the net and dont know if they were exaggerated or genuinely
- Opinions on offers I recently got several offers from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Amazon, Microsoft, Snapchat as well as some other start-up and midsize companies like Akamai. Here is TC, team and level: Facebook (WhatsApp, data infra): 155k+300k (4 yrs)+100k+10%=270.5k, E4 Google (Fire base): 140k+300k (4 yrs)
- link YouTube just blocked FireTV in Google Amazon row (for realsies this time) https://www.slashgear.com/youtube-just-blocked-firetv-in-google-amazon-row-for-realsies-this-time-01513281/ Google released a statement which included the following: “We’ve been trying to reach agreement with Amazon to give consumers access to each other’s products and services. But Amazon doesn’t
- Leadership Principle: Run for your life My building had a minor fire alert. Single floor had a fire and every floor below was evacuated. Amazon insists that no other floor evacuate no matter the conflicting alerts (got four, some telling me to evacuate and some telling me that everything was ok and that i had to stay at my desk). So ever
- link Mark Zuckerberg leveraged Facebook user data to fight rivals and help friends, leaked documents show https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/mark-zuckerberg-leveraged-facebook-user-data-fight-rivals-help-friends-n994706 I am surprised he has friends ! For example, Facebook gave Amazon extended access to user data because it was spending money on Facebook advertising and partnering with the soci
- Cost of living in India (Bangalore) Thinking about moving back to India, and settling down in Bangalore. I have $500k in savings (excluding 401k of $150k), and am interested to find out living expenses in Bangalore. Particularly: a) Cost of 3-4 bed single family house (not flats) in good commute locations (close to Google, Amazo
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- vote Two Sigma vs Google Hi I have new grad SWE offers from Two Sigma (NYC) and Google (Seattle/Kirkland) and could use some help with the decision. These are the primary factors I'm considering: Edit: Google PA is either Communications or UFO Learning/growth: - I feel like I'll learn a lot at either so I'm not too concer
- Quit Amazon and new workplace 100x better This may not be all Amazon but just my specific team. I worked at Amazon for 3 years 4 months and 5 days. I started off as L5 pathways manager mba grad and ended as an L7 senior operations manager. First of all, every amazon warehouse I worked at was violating multiple labor laws but the poor(litera
- Using FMLA - For employees that are stressed out Folks who are stressed out and depressed but cannot quit a job because you don't have one lined up, read on. Finding a job is harder if you don't already have one. Finding a job is also harder if you are stressed out and depressed at a place like Amazon. So don't quit your job. Here is a good opti
- Dealing with disorganized, hectic manager. I want to make my manager's life easy and try to anticipate their needs. Their life seems like total chaos. They are constantly distracted by emails and IMs, always multitasking, and I find I have to repeat/communicate things to them multiple times since they're only half-listening, all of the time
- “Earn Trust” Tenet is Toxic The earn trust tenet, a pillar at Amazon, and an implied or otherwise important idea at most other large companies, fuels toxicity and group delusion. Allow me to explain. Western culture became a dominant force in the world due largely to their effective societal organization. I’m focusing here on