- vote Employees at Adobe, Cisco, Oracle, and "New": Do you work more than 40 hours per week? (on average: including meetings, overtime oncall and weekends, reading work-related emails, remote and WFH; but excluding commutes, meal/restroom breaks, and socializing - unless productively multitasking)
- Oracle shuttle Does Oracle have shuttle service for employees in Seattle/Bellevue?
- What's the average % pay hike when you get promoted in Oracle Calling ex- & current employees of Oracle. I heard Oracle has no yearly merit-based pay increase and pay increase rarely happens right or 1 year after promotion. So what's the average percentage you've ever seen?
- link Oracle favors H1Bs over Americans https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/25/h-1b-oracle-favored-hiring-foreign-graduates-of-u-s-colleges-over-american-grads-feds-allege/ Oracle likes treating employees like cattle. Much easier if they need you for visa.
- GC process at OCI after layoffs ? After the current layoff in Oracle, what is the waiting time for a PERM to be filed for h1b visa employees ?
- vote Do you feel pressure/stress due to fear of PIP or layoff risk? (non-FAANG ALLUM* version) For employees at: Cisco Dropbox Github Nvidia Oracle Palantir algo/HFT prop trading firms quant hedge funds "New" other companies (*FAANG ALLUM = Facebook Amazon Apple Netflix Google, Airbnb LinkedIn Lyft Uber Microsoft)
- Does it make any difference in joining oracle by May end to June end? I had joining date as May 30th @oracle but I couldn't join on that day. Now the new date is end of June or early July. Does it make any difference? As some companies allocate the rsus at some particular time or have appraisal for the year only for employees joined before certain month. How does it
- Relocation if out of H1b chances at Oracle I have just one more chance left for getting H1B visa and I am not sure if I will get it. I got an offer from Oracle and wanted to know what are the options they usually present if someone runs out of H1B visa chances ? Do they relocate ? Do they terminate employment ? Does Immigration team easily g
- RSUs/Equity component My question is more for folks from Oracle, Salesforce, Workday, Cisco. Basically big global companies which have been on the block for a decade or so. Is RSU/Equity a part of comp for all employees? If not, at what level are they paid?
- link What self-training resources does Facebook provide? Leaving Oracle for Facebook soon. Two things I would really really miss are: - safari books subscription - Lynda.com subscription There are a few others like IEEE and HBR, but the above two are the ones I use most. Does Facebook have such subscriptions or equivalent for its employees?
- Green Card Policy — non FAANG corporates What’s the Green Card Policy for non FAANG Bay Area 10000+ employee companies ? ( Salesforce, Cisco, Intuit, Oracle etc) Do they apply in same classification ( as in someone coming in as EB2 will be applied as EB2) Or, as I know rules for some banks, you have to be staff/senior staff/ director etc
- Rate your company’s reputation/brand/prestige? All the tech company tier lists I’ve seen seem kind of shitty, so what do employees think about their current company’s prestige in terms of the brand name looking good on the resume or good reputation for having the best engineering talent? Please rate your company’s prestige from 1 to 4, 1 being
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =