- Does Amazon has bridge program I left Amazon some time ago and left behind some unvested RSUs. If I go back to Amazon I can get back my unvested RSUs (I.e. vesting would be as if I had never left) Some companies offer programs like that. Not sure if Amazon is one of those.
- Which companies are infamous for their 'Up or Out' policy/culture? I heard Netflix and FB. I also heard negative opinions about Amazon because they often place people on PIP programs. What about other companies, if you aren't a high performer? Can you just swim along? Microsoft seems to be a good option if you don't want to invest too much time at work and just ri
- Diversity programs for recent college grads? I know there were such programs in college that eventually lead to internships and jobs, such as Google Bold, Amazon, Wells Fargo and Jp Morgan leadership. My friend is looking for a fulltime job at one of these top companies, he failed the university SDE interview with Amazon. Now hes looking for
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Non Dev/Prod Salary Bands at Google/Amazon Hey All Currently a software engineer in OCI. Level is IC5 - TC is $500K in Seattle. Looking at more non dev roles at Amazon and Google. Coding has worn me out and I want to do something more customer facing. I see some interesting jobs that are program manager related at Google (running some c
- vote Rejecting Amazon offer I rejected my Amazon SDE1 offer a couple of days back. The student programs team reached out encouraging me to reach out to them if anything changes. Is it reasonable to ask them to allow me to reinterview for an Applied Scientist position? Competing offer TC :- 180k (0 yoe)
- Interview preparation bootcamps In last 1-1.5 years, I have gone through interview process at several companies. I had on-site interviews at Amazon, Linkedin, and MS. For Bloomberg, and FB I couldn't pass phone interviews. For LinkedIn, managed to clear phone screen but was leveled down for on-site which I failed. 6 months back, I
- Off-Cycle Research Internships I am graduating undergrad this upcoming fall and plan to apply to PhD programs for the following fall. I am very interested in doing a research internship in the spring of 2020. I have seen Google and Facebook have them, anyone here have connections to either or know of other companies that have res
- Complete Masters while working at Amazon I am an engineer at Amazon, working on L1 Visa. Is it possible to obtain a masters degree in tech MS or MTech while working at Amazon? Specific questions: 1. Can I opt for an on campus course?may be weekends course)? Or is it only possible to go for a distance learning course 2. Does L1 or H1 Visa
- What's the comp for devs in a "normal" company? I was a business major and know nothing about the developer/software engineering world. The compensation posts on here for devs are insane - 6 figures out of undergrad! But then, I realize these are for top-tier companies like MSFT/Amazon/Facebook where the hires are also grads from top--tier progra
- Looking for Referral Hello helpful Blind friends. I have recently hit 4 years mark at Amazon and is interested to grow my career in a new environment. Brief overview of my professional background: 11 years of program manager experience (non-tech). Bulk of my experience is dedicated to NPI/Sourcing program management (7
- Can I reach out to SDMs for Amazon New Grad team placement? Hi, I got an offer to join Amazon through student programs. They said they’ll take location and org preference into account but it’s not guaranteed. I was wondering if SDMs at Amazon are allowed to pick out incoming new grads that want to join their team or if they have any power in team placement.
- Amazon remote jobs Is Amazon hiring remote SDE roles again as of Oct. 2017? I've seen few DevOps positions on the fly. I know few years ago they have cut these programs in EU (Dublin/Ireland). Anyone who could share more about Amazon's policy on this?
- Getting a masters after working in industry I recently got a job at Amazon and will be relocating to Seattle from ct. I was looking at the UW professional masters program and was wondering what the advantage is? I know that masters students are often offered 10% more than undergrad students when coming out of school but how about once you’v
- Advice on negotiating commission increase? Have been doing sales and account management for an event/webinar/live stream production company. I sell and manage, sometimes produce, programs and individual events. Been doing this for my current company for 1.5 years, focusing solely on producing events for Amazon, one of our bigger clients. St
- Best new grad programs for improving development skills I'm currently an intern at jpmc and am doing a fall internship with Amazon next, I graduate in the spring and am looking to get into a new grad program like Google's engineering residency but I was wondering what other similar programs are out there, and what people's experence in these programs are