- How “refreshers” work at Amazon TL;DR: If you sign with Amazon, expect only paltry base raises and no new stock grants until the 5th year even if you get promoted. If you don’t, your TC will actually drop to the bottom of band so that’s a cliff in its own way. What you see in the offer letter is all you’re going to get. I constan
- Amazon work culture Why Amazon has this bad name. I’ve many friends that parking as SDE and they keep on complaining of fear of layoffs and actual layoffs? Also heard that this is in there primary principles too. I have an offer from Amazon Seatle. But don’t want to join the company where you are continuously under pr
- PIPs and layoffs in big companies I am really curious to understand the concept of performance improvement plans and the stress that it causes to potential victims and the layoffs. Those of you who have seen people getting PIPed, why do you think it happened to them? Were those people really bad? Or were they stuck with the wrong t
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Is amazon work culture really that bad ? Every time I think of moving to amazon , my friends say they have toxic work culture . Is that true ? I am more concerned about layoffs
- Good time to join Snap Inc (Snapchat) as PM? Hi I am seeing quite some PM positions open in Snap Inc with interesting job description. I am currently a product manager in Amazon (2.75 yrs in Amazon) but not too happy here (stocks are the only motivation). Internal switches have become almost impossible with the hiring freeze in Amazon, so join
- Amazon Culture I hear horror stories about the Amazon culture with people running out of meetings in tears and competition between engineers with monthly layoffs of you weren't performing enough. What is the reality at amazon working as an engineer?
- vote Leave or stay? Hi all, I am considering a(n attempt to) move to Google. After seeing comp levels (SDE II) on levels.fyi, it feels like I'm throwing away a lot of money by staying at Amazon. But I think I'm also about 2 years away from a promotion. At the same time, a recession seems imminent. I wouldn't want to
- link Amazon first layoff https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2018/02/12/amazon-makes-rare-round-layoffs-seattle-headquarters/329643002/ Thoughts?
- Amazon Layoffs Heard about several layoffs at Amazon. Which all groups are affected?
- Amazon Layoffs? I heard some rumors that amazon plans to lay off some engineers from dev list. Is that real and what’s the scale of this time?
- Forced to find a new team at Amazon A story I heard from a friend who used to work at Amazon, and how they deal with layoffs. One group of people were scheduled for an 11am-12pm meeting, while another group of people were scheduled for a 12pm-1pm meeting. Only one of those groups were people to be laid off but noone knew which group
- Amazon announces hundreds of corporate layoffs https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/12/amazon-is-cutting-hundreds-of-corporate-jobs-according-to-a-new-report/amp/?__twitter_impression=true What do you think?
- Was Amazon particularly notorious for layoffs during the last recession? How about other FAANG companies? Just curious.. ...
- Amazon Consumer Recruiting Layoffs What’s the story on how many? Saw this coming for months and it’s finally happening. Who has the scoop on how many it’ll be and more importantly what TA Leader needs to be fired along with finance and business leaders? epic fail on their part.
- Laid off - How to Address in Resume + Interview So I am one of the folks affected at the Avvo acquisition by Internet Brands (so I was laid off and not fired). I am non-tech. Curious what recommendations everyone has (especially recruiting folks) in terms of handling a layoffs and applying for new jobs. Given the whole Uber situation in the new
- Amazon layoffs- 401k vest? RSUs? I am likely going to not have a new role as part of the reorg in my side of the business. Wondering if anyone here knows what happens to 401k match that has not vested and the RSUs which will vest this year?
- link Amazon cutting jobs because of Fresh/Prime Now consolidation? https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-amazon-cut-hundred-jobs-144111501.html Seems like the recent layoffs are in part due to the consolidation of the Amazon Fresh and Prime Now orgs. Anyone in either of these two orgs able to comment? Is it a bad time to join retail in Amazon?