- Uber Financial Products Team How’s the team? What exactly they are aiming from these products? Uber Cash card, payments, etc. Is it worth joining this team if extended an offer?
- Refer a FAANG software engineer. Hi everyone, Looking for a referral for Airbnb, Uber, Snap, Stripe, Square or any other major company in Seattle. Anyone can help? My background : 9years of backend experience, including 3 @ AWS. SDE2 but high impact externally visible products (open sourced).
- How to get the most knowledge out of company? Interning at Uber and I want to do whatever I can to make myself a better engineer by the end of the internship. Working on the intern project itself is a little small-scoped because I won't learn about other systems at the firm. My question is, what can I do to maximize my learning about: backend
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Rejected at Uber for not finishing question, but I did... Recently did Onsite at Uber, overall team liked me and had gotten 2 people mentioning the work I’ve done previously is impressive. Was told I do not have significant experience and that I did not finish one of the questions. However, this would all make sense to me if this was the case but: 1.) I
- Early Career - Google or Uber With 1 YoE, which company would be better for my career? Uber team is a lot more fun, but its also a high impact team (a lot of teams depending on the team's products -> might be bad WLB or a full 40/45 hr week). Google team seems much more relaxed, the product is a bit boring compared to Uber
- Is Apple a top tier company for Software Engineering, evaluating an offer? Got an offer 160/140/30 for ICT3 in Apple Media Products team. Don't have competing offers to negotiate much. How is engineering talent, culture, WLB, refreshers etc. at Apple compared to Facebook, GOogle, Uber etc. Please advise. YOE: 4 Tc:220K
- vote Apple vs Uber I got offers for both companies. Here are the numbers: 6 yoe Uber: 175k base 11k RSUs (it depends who you ask but many funds value them between 40 and 60 per unit) new hire grant 50k sign on Apple: 165k base 100k in RSUs new hire grant 30k sign up bonus There is no doubt that Uber had changed th
- Why are Apple and Amazon among FAANG? FAANG is only in terms of stock, not tier one tech or internet companies. Tier 1 should be F, G, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber and a few... AWS may count, Alexa is like tier 1.5, and retail is 1.5 or 2 depend on team. Apple is a great company. But it’s not as good as others in terms of internet products
- Top companies in Seattle hiring now All, In HR, on the hunt for a great company with strong products (public or pre IPO) that are looking for top tier Recruiting leaders. Interviewed at Airbnb and was a finalist but unfortunately they went a different direction for unknown reasons. Anyone know of other good companies looking? Facebo
- How is Dropbox doing? I’d love to hear both from insiders and others about how the company is doing (please don’t share anything confidential): — Has the announced focus on B2B panned out on the business front? — Have collaboration products succeeded? (Eg Paper) — Is DB well positioned to compete with GSuite, Office, Bo
- Infra role in a good company? What to pick between say being at Uber but working on one of their internal pages vs being at a less sought after company that pays lesser but I get to work on external customer facing products.. I've never worked on internal products in fact.. Always on external ones.. How's it diff? Will it be a
- Ratings for Uber/Lyft - suggestion Different customers like different things. Netflix doesn’t get the average of customer ratings and show me that average. Netflix attempts to predict my rating for a movie and shows me that prediction. Some customers of Uber/Lyft prefer more talkative drivers, drivers who prefer the AC on differen
- Entrepreneurship - how to hone the mindset I've worked at FANG and am again headed to FANGU. I've worked on my system design skills in the past two years with a lot of focus and found that it has been very effective. I want to focus on developing entrepreneurial skills/mindset over the next two years. Please advise. To give you an idea of w
- Resume advice: framing unusual Edu & Exp I have some unusual educational creds and work experience. What's the best way to frame these in a 1-page resume to clear recruiter screens and get a phone screen? 1. I'm doing a part-time MSc in Soft Eng from Oxford. It's a classroom program for professionals, and I use my vacation time to attend
- Looking to move to a B2C product but difficult to get interview calls. Help Looking for a PM job in Bay Area. Experience in enterprise products and advertising tech. I get a lot of calls from enterprise and ad tech companies and I am able to convert them to offers too. But I am really interested in working on a B2C product like Uber, Lyft, Opentable, Coursera, Robinhood, W
- Looking for SF referrals Hello, I'm a CMU com eng student keen in Software Engineering summer internship roles. Anyone willing to discuss or refer me would be greatly appreciated. Already have referrals for Uber and Google thus not tagged. On the lookout for other top tech start ups working on exciting products as well.
- PM interview What is your answer to the favourite product/app question in interviews? What products have you selected? They say not to use mainstream products such as uber, linkedin, etc.