- Which companies have real data scientists? I have a MS in DS from top tier CS university, and I have been working as a data scientist for less than 1 year. Daily work includes analytics & AB testing (60%) and building ML models (40%). The current team has some modeling projects, but the larger organization is mainly doing analytics. Their da
- AirBnB Data Science - Analytics insights? Seeing a few of these of interest on their website now. I'm not actively looking and like my current situation... but that's also when I'm most marketable and have least to lose. These are the only jobs I've seen that have piqued my interest in quite a while. Most curious how the broader org is set
- Referral 1 YoE Full-time (2 YoE Interning at 20-30hrs/week) LC Completed: 189 (51 Easy, 119 Medium, 13 Hard) Unfortunately I don't have any direct connections from school/work that went on to work for any of the companies I'm looking to interview for :( Including my internship, I have almost 3 YoE working
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Airbnb DS - hard to get interview? Is Airbnb extra selective about their callbacks for DS interviews? I have no problem getting call backs for analytics roles at most companies, but Airbnb DS analytics always seems to reject me after a day or two of applying.... is Airbnb really strict on its requirements or something? Any thoughts
- vote Unicorn offer evaluation - TC or big name? Received an offer from a 2nd/3rd-tier unicorn company. I feel the offer is too good to pass on comp-wise, but I keep debating if I should keep pursuing opportunities with FAANG + uber/lyft/airbnb/etc these bigger names. I am just at the early stage of my career, so feel like having a big name on my
- Airbnb referral I have 16 years of data and analytics expertise and currently a analytics manager am looking for referral at Airbnb anyone can help. I applied for couple of suitable position but no response
- link AirBnb data scientist - analytics Given that Airbnb now distinguishes between ML, stats/experimentation, and analytics for its data scientists, is there a major difference in comp depending on these? Most interested in analytics one which seems like essentially a data analyst role. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/one-data-science-jo
- Does Twitter play ball? I have offers (data science - phd, not analytics) from Google, Netflix, Facebook, and Airbnb. No numbers yet, expecting them at weird times next week and the following due to the holiday. Now Twitter wants to join the game. I have fewer reference points for them in terms of TC and wlb, how do they p
- Referrals pliss! Hey there. I am actively looking for data scientist roles at major tech companies. I just got done with my first round at Facebook and have initial recruiter call with Google next week. My summary: - 5 years work ex in analytics consulting - Experience with SAS/SQL/Hive/Python - Modeling experie
- Ratios as a metric or KPI Should metric or KPI be a ratio or whole number ? Several popular books like lean analytics say a metric/kpi should be a ratio. In reality, all the top companies have whole number a KPI or metric: Facebook - MAU, eBay - GMV, Airbnb - number of bookings. IMO ratios often involve 2 components. Ex: if
- Airbnb Opportunities - Referrals I am looking for opportunities at Airbnb. I have 5 YOE in Advanced Analytics. Any help with referrals would be appreciated!