- How is working as an AI SWE at Nvidia? Is it as interesting as working as a SWE in AI at Google/Facebook/Uber/Amazon?
- Best ML/AI Company Hi Which company is the most promising for the current and future careers of ML/AI scientist? Please share the company in your mind among FAANG + Lyft, Uber, LinkedIn, MS, any Unicorn or Promising Startup
- Uber Eats vs Uber ATG I have an offer from Uber Eats SF for a Data Scientist II position. However, I am more keen on the AI Scientist, Deep Learning/ML Specialist roles in Uber ATG. Can somebody evaluate the pros and cons of these two groups? (heard of re-orgs and instability in ATG recently).. I am looking to progress m
- Year 2030: Who will Be Next FAANG I feel Facebook and Netflix will be gone/ downgraded to second/third tier. Google and Amazon will rule 75% of the tech industry Apple has slim chance of surviving/thriving ( only if Apple’s health/AI really does something groundbreaking) Who will be the other top players ? Uber / Dropbox / Tencent ?
- Offer to expect from Amazon and Uber for SE II role Hi all, I have 4 - 5 years of industry experience, currently SE II (62) @ Microsoft, working on Cortana AI I am expecting offer from Amazon (L5) and Uber (SE II). Both of them are in Bay area. Need some help on what number should I expect ?
- What is happening in Uber ATG I know couple of people were interviewing there, and I heard Uber ATG and AI labs are going through makor re-orgs and are things are fuzzy and not good. Con anyone provide any info, and if it makes sense to join them now. Thanks. TC 265, 2 yoe
- Uber team matching. Seeking advice Recently had an interview event with Uber. The recruiter gave me a list of teams post-interview and mentioned that my interview feedbacks were positive (Can I treat this as verbal offer? no numbers yet): 1. Marketplace 2. Finance Engineering 3. Big data 4. AI team 5. Grocery I am wondering can so
- What's the worst that can happen to Anthony Levandowski? Waymo / Uber lawsuit Context (quoted from the news): Waymo sued Uber in February, claiming that former Waymo executive Anthony Levandowski downloaded more than 14,000 confidential files before leaving to set up a self-driving truck company, called Otto, which Uber acquired soon after. Uber denied using any of Waymo's
- Will custom processing units subvert Nvidia’s GPUs? The GPU market is buoyed by gaming, AI, and crypto. I am bearish on crypto. However, I am neutral/mildly bullish on gaming (VR/AR is the next wave of gaming), and I am extremely bullish on AI (computer vision, autonomous vehicles). Assuming level 5 vehicular autonomy is reached first by big/unicorn
- Referral at Uber data analytics? Hi folks - can someone pls. refer me directly to the HR or hiring manager for a data analytics role at Uber? I have ~6 yrs. of relevant experience in Tech. and happy to share my resume for reference. My profile is already in the Uber system but having someone send it to the recruiting team/manager
- Referral for Uber SWE Can anyone refer me to Uber swe? Been working in product development with a focus on AI. I really like the work Uber’s doing from their blog and wanted to interview there. Currently also interviewing at Google w onsite. Yoe 6. Math bachelors from top school, honors.
- Thinking of moving 7 yeo, tc 460 Needs: - Hard and exciting technical challenges - Push my limits (WLB is not a requirement - yet) - Med risk appetite (on visa - so no vaporware) - No need for immediate cash - Looking for growth (career as well as option/rsu) _____ FINTECH _____ Betterment Coinbase N
- Tesla AutoPilot Fraud Hi I am now pissed how Tesla is misleading public and playing with their lives. Musk has now brought in enablers who are now creating this perception that everyone in Silicon Valley from Google to Apple to Cruise to Argo AI to Uber is wrong in their approach for Autonomous Driving and Tesla is righ
- Actually Getting Interviews 1.5 YOE, TC 85, AI/ML engineer Looking for a move. Had interviews at the following: Amazon(Phone) Google(Onsite) Adobe(Onsite) Then have had limited talks with: Microsoft Netflix Twitter Uber Lyft Is there something i'm missing? How do i actually land the interviews that i want? Ive sent out 100
- link Will Uber succeed in the next 5 years? What are your thoughts on the mid / long term success of Uber? Levelling off of sales, Tesla launching it's robo-taxi service in 2020 and Waymo partnering with Lyft, this seems to add significant long term pressure on the ridesharing aspect of Uber. Uber Eats and Freight make up a very small part of
- Recruiter asking to cancel other interviews I have an offer from Uber Eats SF for a Data Scientist position. I am also interviewing with other companies including Uber ATG for AI Scientist, Deep Learning/ML Specialist roles. Uber Eats 's willing to better their offer only if I accept their offer and cancel immediately all interviews that I ha
- Principal Engineer remote in ML/AI I'm a very experienced guy (PhD, 35+ YOE, Principal SWE level) living in So Cal, looking to work in ML, AI, self-driving cars, autonomous systems, etc. The only hitch is that I want to continue to work remotely (like I have been doing since 2001). Are there any companies (Bay Area or otherwise) that
- Evaluate Series A startup offer Current package 500k+ Working at Uber ATG. If I switch I will be leaving about 15,000 Uber stocks which are not vested yet. In Bay Area. Yoe 12+. Currently IC. Offer to evaluate: They just did ~20m for series A. Toyota Ventures AI is one of the investor. 15-20 employees. They claim they have enough
- Last term at Google I’m a TVC at Google finishing my last contact term in the next few months. I’ve been told theres no chance of being converted to an FTE. Part of my job is to work on a large international team as a creative writer. My background is theatre, journalism, media and writing. I also bring a very special
- Moving to Canada in couple of years I have recently joined Google Kirkland and wife also works as SWE in an ecommerce company (not Amazon). She is on h4 ead and my priority date is in 2012. We have our current papers valid till 2021. However, the certain cancellation of wife's ead and increasing uncertainty in my h1 renewals is causi
- Looking for some referral. New grad with over 12 months of work experience Hello everyone. I am a new grad graduating from a well known engineering school this december and I have worked with 3 different companies. I have experience in Devops work, backend (Node.js and Spring) and also have done some cool projects relevant to AI and ML. Not the best in all these area but I
- Uber most recent l5 comp Got an offer from Uber last week as l5. Base: 190k Initial equity: 16k (~$42 per share?) Cash bonus: 21k Refresher: ~100k. TC: ~315k if excludes initial equity Current TC: ~380k (E5 with continuously exceed rating) YOE: ml/ai PhD + 6 YOE Excluding initial equity, the Uber offer comp is obviously
- Facebook NYC I'm looking for more info/potential connections to FB NYC teams that might be looking for interns for the summer. Have an offer for FB MP for the summer but was really hoping to get into the NY office due to family commitments in NJ. From other posts on Blind I've gathered that getting into NY as
- vote Grad school vs Patient growth There’s a tldr attached at the bottom, but that may make sense with the context below. So a little background: I graduated from a small, no name school with a bachelors in a math/cs major. I have a little over 3 yoe, and on the same job since I graduated. I find it difficult to get noticed by recru