- What is AI/ML like at Apple now with JG? Wondering what work and careers, related to AI/ML field, are like at Apple under JG's leadership. Seems like they are investing in a lot of new AI/ML hires, and someone said "comp is no longer supposed to be a limitation" for bringing people in. It also seems like the infrastructure is years behin
- Sharing offer numbers Just joined FB as SWE in ML. 10 years of somewhat unrelated experience (not SWE) and PhD in CS before that. Base/RSU/BonusPct/StartingBonus/TC. TC doesn't include starting bonus. In chronological order of offer. Dropbox, IC4. 210/600/20/0/402 FB, E6. 225/1M/20/100/520 Google, L5. 190/920/15/100/4
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Will these companies offer more than FB? I’m currently in the interview process for a new grad swe position. I have a new grad offer from FB for $110k salary, $160k rsu/4 years $65k sign on. I was offered interviews at: Caspar AI Asana Stripe Airbnb Rubrik Robinhood Optiver Trading Cloudflare Confluent Affinity Snap (Application Security
- Microsoft (MSR+AI) L64 offer Base: 190K RSUs: 320K (equal vesting in 4 years) Bonus :15% for ME rating (0-30% range) Joining Bonus: 60K So, it’s around 300K TC for next 3-4 years, leaving aside joining bonus. Microsoft’s RSU refreshes is very low (compared to my current job at Apple) and I won’t even consider it in TC calculat
- Best Move I got into a bank as senior ML researcher (not development but studying and analyzing models), but I like tech companies (like google, fb and microsoft) and the work they do. I have also a software engineer2 offer from Microsoft. Is it better to take software engineer offer at Microsoft and shift t
- What is AI/ML engineer? I am seeing higher TC number in Blind for ML and AI engineers. I am wondering what are the examples of these engineers. For instance, FB data engineers seem getting less RSU compared to software engineers. I am guessing these engineers don’t work on ML. There are scientists who build model for vario
- Facebook AI infra Going to FB soon. Potentially joining the AI infra team. How's the culture of the team? Also WLB and impact. TC: $400k. Yoe: 8
- Do you ever feel like you’ve gotten nothing for your effort? I think I’m having a quarter life crisis because everyone is making a bunch more than me (or is worth a bunch more than me). I thought I worked really hard and strived for the best but hat didn’t get me anywhere except for Amazon AI. What did y’all do to get through this? So far I’ve been trying to
- Can machine learning detect obvious trolling posts? One of the biggest problems of blind are the obvious troll posts. Can’t they write an AI application which prevents people from posting troll posts? Do companies like FB and twitter have troll blockers?
- AI infra FB vs GOOG How big is the AI infra team at FB vs GOOG. Is the engineering team mostly distributed systems people or compilers/GPU experts.
- Leetcode style coding tests for all engineering levels. Is it a just way to evaluate candidates? What about culture fit? Let me start by saying "grapes are sour". The leetcode style coding tests hate me. I did prep 15-20 days and failed couple of phone interviews. Then stopped interviewing although recruiters keep contacting me. I'm just so afraid now of failing yet again. On the contrary, I hate the fact that they
- Facebook NYC I'm looking for more info/potential connections to FB NYC teams that might be looking for interns for the summer. Have an offer for FB MP for the summer but was really hoping to get into the NY office due to family commitments in NJ. From other posts on Blind I've gathered that getting into NY as
- How does Intel compare with G/FB tier? In terms of lay reputation and tech reputation. Edit: Not wrt TC, which isn't comparable And, is an ML/AI engineer at Intel a better position than a regular/random SWE at G/FB?
- Facebook NY teams Are there any Facebook NY teams that have open intern spots for the summer? Looking to transfer my FB MP summer offer to NY. MIT senior (CS) doing 5 year masters, past experience at Apple, Twitch, hedge funds, research in AI/networks, interested in backend work.
- How is Facebook AML? I have an offer from Fb ML, and the aml team seems to be the ideal job for me. I want to get some insight into this, like how is the work? Do they still do interesting applied research work or mostly AI backend? Do they have strong talent? Is it hard to find a position to join the team during the bo
- Golden-era of consumer social startups over? It seems like the golden era of consumer social startups were 2005 - 2015. Those were the times when FB, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Dropbox, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat all grew from nothing to something huge. Now that those companies are already big, I don't see another small 2-to-40 perso
- How’s Distributed AI team at FB Seattle? Do they do anything interesting? How’s WLB, etc?