- Does uber and airbnb provide employees caltrain go pass? Seems a big deal when deciding where to go :)
- AirBnB employees, what do you think about your CFO getting fired? Word is he was pushed out for dissgreeing on direction with Brian?
- I feel bad for AirBnB employees Living in SF on low cash comp, unable to liquidate their shares because IPO keeps getting delayed. They are angry and demoralized.
- vote Employees at Airbnb, Lyft, Uber: Do you work more than 40 hours per week? (on average: including meetings, overtime oncall and weekends, reading work-related emails, remote and WFH; but excluding commutes, meal/restroom breaks, and socializing - unless productively multitasking)
- Tips for getting best offer from CHOOTIYA companies? Citrix, Hulu, Okta, Oath, Twitter, Intuit, Yelp, Airbnb. Input from CHOOTIYA employees welcome.
- Product management interview at Airbnb I have an upcoming PM interview with Airbnb a few days from now. It’s a first round - 30 minute phone screen. I’ve looked up Airbnb on Glassdoor already, but would love to get a sense of what questions I should expect and what I can do to better prepare for my interview. Thoughts from Airbnb employ
- vote Airbnb or Lyft Stay at Airbnb or leave for Lyft? Lyft seems to have more potential upside if they get a piece of the Waymo pie through their self-driving partnerships. Airbnb has seen slower growth this last year. Lots of long-time employees moving on. If you vote please leave a comment 🙏
- Airbnb Payments How’s the work at Airbnb payments team? Just got offered a L4 position and considering Payments team. How are the engineering challenges? Culture and WLB seems pretty good from what I’ve read. Also, is it a good time to join Airbnb given the recent exodus of employees and the controversy around CF
- Airbnb morale Thinking of applying to Airbnb. Any inside info why I should or shouldn’t join the company? Have heard that engineering culture is bit hacky? Employees are not happy due to IPO concerns.
- vote Do you feel pressure/stress due to fear of PIP or layoff risk? (non-FAANG ALLUM* version) For employees at: Cisco Dropbox Github Nvidia Oracle Palantir algo/HFT prop trading firms quant hedge funds "New" other companies (*FAANG ALLUM = Facebook Amazon Apple Netflix Google, Airbnb LinkedIn Lyft Uber Microsoft)
- Airbnb new CFO Airbnb people, what do you think of the new CFO? What are the employees saying? Do you think some level of Amazon 'frugality' principles will transition to Airbnb? Did Brian host an all hands meeting to explain his thinking behind hiring Dave? Amazon people, what do you know about Dave Stephenson?
- Getting mortgage working in private companies How do employees at Airbnb, Uber, Lyft etc afford mortgages in this market if their RSUs are not public and banks don’t consider them liquid to compute DTI? Do most folks rent?
- What the hell is going on at Airbnb? I’ve seen several posts and comments on here lately from Airbnb employees talking about their bad work culture. Is this just common knowledge about the culture being bad there? I was completely surprised when reading comments from employees but maybe I’m naive.
- vote Airbnb cross functional interviews Airbnb has a lengthy interview process. I went through it recently and actually quite enjoyed the rigor and enthusiasm of those I met. After quite a few interviews, they want a 3rd cross functional interview. Seems like a good sign but what are your thoughts Airbnb employees? Disclaimer: I am not g
- What do you really do? I'm a refinery worker without a college degree that worked hard enough to climb the ladder into a management roll. I manage direct reports and give guidance on business strategy year to year. I'm curious what the apple/airbnb/netflix/quora/tech employees do? Your TC is most higher than what I typic
- Airbnb Will Never Go Public I'm convinced Airbnb will never actually go public. They said they won't this year, despite having been "2 years from an IPO" for the last three years and fired the CTO who was supposed to take them public, so they aren't in any rush to IPO. But why woul they ever? Companies go public maybe for two
- 2019 - a mega IPO year? So Uber and Lyft are officially going IPO in 2019. Papers filed with SEC. Slack hired GS to get ready for IPO in second half of 2019. Not sure about AirBnB but peer pressure could make them IPO as well. Historically, whenever a windfall comes to employees - they buy....real estate. So are fears of
- Is work-life balance worse at smaller companies? A lot of this probably depends on the individual companies, but is there any general trend of work-life balance being worse at smaller companies when compared to giants like Google and Microsoft? Will the fewer amount of engineers to share the work and increased amount of responsibility cause worse
- Bravo Airbnb! I interviewed at Airbnb this week and have to say it was the best (of many) interview experience I have ever been through. My months of leetcoding didn't prepare me at all for this loop, and that's actually a great thing. It's the first time every single interview in the loop tested me on something
- link Here’s how many Bay Area homes Lyft employees can buy with IPO cash https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/03/29/heres-how-many-bay-area-homes-lyft-employees-can-buy-with-ipo-cash/ Every single home in San Francisco listed for sale on Thursday, nearly a third of all affordable homes in the Bay Area, or about half of the least expensive houses in San Francisco and the Eas
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =
- Genuine question about Forbes 30 Under 30 On the 30 Under 30 Consumer Technology as an example, there are some people that were selected who are currently working as mid-level Product Managers at LinkedIn, Instagram, Airbnb, Amazon and Twitter. These people are certainly talented but they are simple tech employees who work at a big Corp, h
- Online application rejected !!! I recently updated my resume and just started applying during the last week or so. Applied for about 10 positions so far, mainly around technical program management and product management. Only 2 companies responded do far - Airbnb and Uber - both negative. The email said my skills did not match the
- Let's predicate: Bay-area in the next decade Starting from me: - Companies will keep making more profit, FB will peak at $300, APPL peak at $300, G: $1500, Amazon is already at peak, Uber's market cap peak at 150B, Airbnb: 150B. - Though Donald is opposing it, more Indian engineers will move in (profit for business and they are qualified), m
- Stock buyback details For private companies that tend to push IPO as far as possible (because early investors and founders don't need IPO anymore to take money off the table...) it is fairly common for these unicorns to extend tender offers to their shareholders. I was interested into the technical details of these offe
- vote Behavioral Interview Questions MEGA LIST For those struggling in behavioral interviews, here are some questions from the top companies: ## General - Why do you want to work for X company? - Why do you want to leave your current/last company? - What are you looking for in your next role? - Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with