- PayPal u r worst Sold one gift card in eBay. Buyer asked to email the gift card as per lisiting . Did that in ebay After some time buyer filed a charge back saying that account was hacked on his credit card. And PayPal filed a claim on me. I uploaded the email conversation and paypal decided in favour of buyer a
- Is joining an early stage startup worth it? Assume that the VCs are top class and the founders are very experienced (very senior positions at large tech co at the level of PayPal, Twitter etc) and the company has raised a Series A currently with a prototype. Assume I get 0.3% equity as an engineer and a standard base salary (~150s). Assume my
- link Scammed on eBay A seller insisted I paid bitcoin and seemed to have a good rating so I trusted them then found out next day a seller account had been compromised and the person I was talking to was not who it should be . I know it was dumb to not use PayPal but honestly are you supposed to Question every seller on
and industry lounge.
- Performance Bonuses / Stock Refreshers @ Paypal Coming into Paypal as MTS-1 Wondering if they actually take performance into account for Perf bonuses/Stock Refresh? Should I be putting in the ~10 hour days and trying hard here (This is what I've done at my previous company)? Or is it just politics and dick sucking which determines how much you
- PayPal locks accounts and requires everyone to provide passport scan and utility bill? Wtf? Any paypal engineer here? Why PayPal is doing this? The best way to annoy your customers is to lock them out and demand ransom. None of my banks or CC ever had or asked to have my passport scan and proof of address. They lock you out even from closing your own account.
- Extra-income under H1B/TN Let’s say I’m a Canadian working in the US under TN. Is it possible for me to do freelance work and receive compensations into my Canadian bank/Canadian PayPal account? If not possible, how would the IRS/government know about this?