- What are some untold general truths in Silicon Valley? - If you are gay, you’re probably a designer - If you have a IBM thinkpad, you probably work in finance or accounting (Same If you use the printer) - If you’re a bad engineer, you probably work in QA - If you dress badly, you’re probably a backend engineer - If you dress well, you’re probably an iOS
- link IBM is laying off more than 1,000 employees Jobs page shows 7k openings though. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/06/06/ibm-layoffs-affect-more-than-1000-employees.html
- IBM layoffs finally over ? Dust settled ?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Anyone worried about RIFs and how your company does it.... This is a sobering take... these are the kinds of tactics your company may well use to do it: "Among ProPublica’s findings, IBM: Denied older workers information the law says they need in order to decide whether they’ve been victims of age bias, and required them to sign away the right to go to co
- Layoff culture at other companies? I haven’t worked for IBM for long, we got acquired. But it seems that each quarter layoffs come down the pipe. Is this common practice amongst other big tech companies? IBM seems to want to compete with tech companies for staff like FB Google etc and I’m wondering if these types of companies or oth
- link #Layoffs at IBM Truven Health branch. RTP Just got the news on wral.com of people getting sacked om friday mostly in the IBMs Truven health division. Insane!!! Read the article. Makes no sense.