- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- vote Robinhood L2 vs Square L5? Have two offers. Same comp. 290K. L2 Eng @ robinhood L5 Eng @ square Both good teams. Want to optimize for an enjoyable day to day life as well as financial upside from equity. What should I choose? Current TC - 270K
- link Leaked video: Google responded to Trump’s election with tears, hugs Features co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, VPs Kent Walker and Eileen Naughton, CFO Ruth Porat, and CEO Sundar Pichai. Sorry about the source, but for what its worth: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/12/leaked-video-google-leaderships-dismayed-reaction-to-trump-election/ Key moments:
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Starting the hunt for my second job. How much should I ask for in Atlanta? Current TOC: $88k YOE: 4.5 Current job is at a financial company. I work with Java, Angular. Need H1B visa transfer (I140 approved). I have never looked at leetcode nor do I plan to, but I do try to study regularly. Backend development is my strength but I'm interested in being a more well-rounded
- What are you thoughts on WePay ? I'm Interviewing with WePay for a Senior Software Engineer position. I'm impressed with their engineers background and their tech blogs. Seems like a good place to work. They got acquired by Chase and are going to move to a new location in Palo Alto. I wanted to know if you guys have any thoughts
- Would you recommend being a PM at these Big N companies? Title. Companies such as FB/IG, LinkedIn, Spotify, Airbnb, DBX, Square, Verizon/Oath, Uber, Salesforce, Twitter. TL;DR: They're a junior at uni trying to transition in PM. They're interested in your exp based on the title. Also, any feedback for transitioning to PM based on their general info below
- Where to buy sfh in East Bay area? I'm commuting to SF financial district currently. Hoping that Oakland continues to attract tech companies like Square if I buy in the east bay. I've been looking at Oakland and San Leandro, any suggestions? Looking for price under 750K for 3 bed SFH TC 280 4 yoe
- Square stock bearish. Financial opportunity? There's news coming that square stock is going down. As a potential employee, is this is a good scenario or bad? May be we'll get stock compensation at low price as part of compensation package and the stock will boom? Or stock goes down further and hurts TC? How should we treat these data points?