- Questions about Jane Street SWE Internship Currently deciding between JS and a return internship offer for junior summer, and I had some questions for devs @ Jane Street: - How are engineers treated? Is there a big front office/back office culture divide like in traditional finance institutions? How significant is the pay gap between trader
- link California’s Economy https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/finance/412928-middle-class-is-disappearing-in-california-as-wealth-gap-grows%3Famp Just remember next time Gavin newsom is bragging about California’s economy... we are also the poorest state. As one commenter brought up.... such high taxes here ar
- About maternity and paternity leave So I would like to start off by asking if giving a super loaded paternity and maternity leave fair to the social system. Please don’t misunderstand my question. I’m trying to understand the rationale behind companies giving such huge time off while the employees maintain almost all benefits. I kno
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Do you think being a teller might be a good place to start your career? I'm currently taking a gap year off of college and have been working at a startup as an intern. I get to do some interesting stuff but I've heard that being a bank teller is also a good learning experience. Do you think this is true? I think it would teach me a lot about the finance industry? What d
- PM looking for help deciding on an offer or to take a walk Hey friends, Was laid off two months ago (not performance related, was business/finance related). Had a cluster of interviews that didn’t yield what I had hoped. Only landed one offer, that I am negotiating on Tuesday, but looking for guidance on whether I should proceed or walk and start my search
- Cheapest GAP insurance Gieco ask for 10$ per month for GAP or onetime payment of 295$. For 2017 Toyota Corolla what is better. I plan to keep it for 5 years Atleast and this car is financed.
- What is the current compensation bracket for a 12+ years of backend java developer in finance in NYC ? I feel like there is a huge gap between data I see on sites with compensation details like indeed/glassdoor etc, what people say they make on blind and what recruiters say firms are offering. I want to get a sense of a reasonable compensation for backend java developer with Finance domain expertis