- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- Banning gifs/memes in Slack and emails? My company’s Legal Dept just issued an edict saying that we can no longer use any potentially copyrighted material for *internal* Slacks or email messages, citing legal risk. Fair use, anyone? The ‘team communication’ use case is clearly not meant to deprive a copyright holder of commercial benefit.
- Slack offer TC Current base + benefits: 170K, options Slack: Base: 150k Stocks: 210K RSU L3-L4 I believe Bonus: 10% Sign on: None 3-4 Yoe Can I negotiate more?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- How is work life in Slack Recently got an opportunity in Slack, but wanted to know hows the culture there like? In terms of compensation what to expect (have not received numbers from recruiter, but it’s a yes)!l? Its a senior engineer role based in San Francisco. what are the benefits (flexible hours, wfh policy, PTOs etc.
- link The peeps who matter at Lyft Good write up from The Information. The People Who Matter at Lyft Below are 104 of the top employees at the ride-hailing company, including operations (the biggest group) and two organizations that are gaining importance within the company—growth and autonomous vehicle research. Employees a
- Hitting the ground running at a startup What kind of approach do you use when starting a new job at a startup? e.g. Before start: Brush up on and research technologies they use to get ramped up faster. First days: set up efficient dev environment, tools, etc. First week: Get acquainted with co-workers and sift through relevant code bases