- Make sense to switch from big oil to tech? Currently working in one of major oil n gas operator as mechanical design engineer, PhD with 7 yoe. TC ~200k at Houston. Recently got an verbal offer at a big tech company in product design team and will be negotiating the offer with recuiter soon. To me, it does not make sense to move if I cannot
- Immigration I am curious about Americans view on legal immigration - especially the ones against it. Immigrants have been such as asset to this community and I feel the backlash towards legal immigrant community has been due to other systemic factors and govt failures wrt to education and healthcare. Economic d
- When does Amazon's compensation overtake Microsoft's? Amazon's TC for new grad SDEs is about $135k while Microsoft's offers seem to be in the range of $160-180k. It's a pretty big gap and it gets even bigger if you take benefits like 401k match and tuition reimbursement into account. However, the consensus seems to be that Microsoft underpays its seni
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- About maternity and paternity leave So I would like to start off by asking if giving a super loaded paternity and maternity leave fair to the social system. Please don’t misunderstand my question. I’m trying to understand the rationale behind companies giving such huge time off while the employees maintain almost all benefits. I kno
- Travel / Base Pay Rates! All Inclusive? The position is Senior Project Consultant, 70-80% travel, Southeast US, 2-3 direct reports, option for health benefits. Multilevel questions: What range should I provide for the base pay? How much additional compensation should I ask for in a role with 70-80% travel? Is there a gap in hourly versu
- Technical Project Manager? Curious if anyone's had experience working for a small consultaning firm as a PM? There are a few compaines doing custom intergrations, development, training and implementation. Seems like most of them work as middleware/ gap solutions companies. Anything you can share is appreciated; hours, pay,