- How “refreshers” work at Amazon Last updated: 7/21/2019 TL;DR: If you sign with Amazon, expect only paltry base raises and no new stock grants until the 5th year even if you get promoted. If you don’t, your TC will actually drop to the bottom of band so that’s a cliff in its own way. What you see in the offer letter is all you’re
- link Google employee: I was involved in the internal decisions involving James Damore, and it's terrible what we did... Saw this on other social media. Unverified, but apparently, a Reddit account validated as James Damore himself seems to vet some of the content. Pretty disgusting if this is what things are coming to. "I was involved in the internal decisions involving James Damore's memo, and it's terrible what
- link Another data point on industry hire in the bay ..great read :) Found this post on Reddit and seems really helpful . Just posting it here . ————///——————///——————///——/ Hi everyone, I just went through a round of interviews and wanted to share a data point. I wanted to share some interview tips that you may not have seen before. I'll also answer questions in A
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Coinbase or an alternative for Bitcoin? I'm thinking of buying Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Crypto noob here. Created an account on Coinbase but the site & app behave strangely. Not confidence building. I came across tons of reddit posts about how bitcoin balances on Coinbase are not actual bitcoins but IOU promises etc etc. What
- link Woman in tech got PIP'd after confronting her manager about co-worker who found out about her NSFW art and teased her Original: https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/7rwcit/coworker_found_out_that_i_used_to_draw_nsfw/ Update: https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/7t9vp8/update_coworker_found_out_that_i_used_to_draw/ *****The updated post has been removed, here is a snapshot of it:*****
- Any thoughts or experiences working in the startup scene on Sydney? I'm thinking about moving to Sydney to take on a product manager role at an Australian-based startup. It's successful by many measures and it's clear that there's a large expectation that I move up in the ranks fairly quickly to lead a team (at least, more quickly than Google, as I am not yet L7). T