- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- Which companies have real data scientists? I have a MS in DS from top tier CS university, and I have been working as a data scientist for less than 1 year. Daily work includes analytics & AB testing (60%) and building ML models (40%). The current team has some modeling projects, but the larger organization is mainly doing analytics. Their da
- vote Google or Linkedin? L4 at Google or Sr. software engineer at Linkedin? Goog: 270K LN: expection to be around 290K, still team matching. Considering growth, tech, culture and future. Also explain the reason behind vote.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Companies that pay higher than Uber for SWE L5 equivalent I joined Uber 9 months ago. To be fair, Uber pays SWEs very well. However, I'm not a big fan of my team and project, and the culture in general. I started looking elsewhere. To begin with, I talked to traditionally high paying companies. It was strange that Google recruiter discussed comp (for L5 le
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- Company Alliterations Austere Amazon (door desks and bananas) Bungling Boeing (737 max fiasco) Condemned Comcast (ppl hate them) Duplicated Dropbox (services like file storage are duplicated by lots of companies) Eclectic Ebay (can find an eclectic selection of items on it) Fickle Facebook (social media is fickle) Glorif
- Anyone heard about Dremio? Never heard of them, but a recruiter approached me on LinkedIn. Not really interested, but I'm still curious about their standing in the tech world w.r.t product, challenges, pay, culture etc. Anyone knows?
- Is eBay more chaotic than other similar product companies for Product Manager? Is eBay more chaotic than other similar product(Walmart/Amazon/PayPal/Lyft/LinkedIn/Facebook) companies for Product Manager ? Hoz the product culture in other companies?. Sometime, I feel lot of things are out of order at ebay. Just want to know is it similar or less at other places
- Will my WLB get better if I quit FB for another company I have been at FB for the past 5 years. I am always stressed about work, peer pressure and PSC (performance evaluation) rating. Most of the engineers are super talented and work really long hours which raises the bar. The culture focuses on relentless coding and shipping, there’s no cool down perio
- Which offer should I choose? Need advice on which company to choose: LinkedIn Staff, TC 430 sign-on 70 Facebook E5, TC 385 sign-on 100 Google L5, numbers missing, probably closer to Facebook than LinkedIn. Prefer the brand of Google and Facebook, the culture of LinkedIn and Google, the work at Facebook and LinkedIn, and WLB a
- Working at LinkedIn I have a pending offer with a series D startup on the table, and an on-site interview next week with LinkedIn (CSM role). I really like the current offer and the startup seems like a great culture fit for me. What are advantages working for LinkedIn? Would I be a fool to not accept an offer from Lin
- vote Is Two Sigma still a top company for engineers? It's no question that Two Sigma pays engineers as much as Google and Facebook. There have also been a few anecdotes in the past that its culture and general treatment of employees is excellent and quite similar to Google's. However, Glassdoor seems to tell a different story, especially recently, wi
- Multiple offers which one to choose Have offers from Rubrik, Cohesity, LOB, Autonomic, Dremio, LinkedIn, Atlassian, and TuneIn. Which one to choose ? 12+ yoe Any insights into company culture and teams will be useful.
- Airbnb vs LinkedIn I have offers from Airbnb and LinkedIn. From a culture and growth standpoint, which of these two companies would be a better place to join? L4 at Airbnb and Senior at LinkedIn. I am still negotiating comp. YOE: 2.5 years Current TC: 220K
- Elastic - remote engineering positions Been seeing a lot of promoted job links in Glassdoor and Linkedin. I'm kinda digging the whole work remotely aspect. Would appreciate any intel on - 1. Elastic - the company, culture, wlb etc 2. Interview process 3. TC for engg roles 4. Any other pertinent info
- What companies have you rejected, and why? Me: Facebook <—- Data scandal Amazon <—- culture & seemed underwhelming Apple <—- Already worked there, wanted something new Raytheon <—— Ethical reasons Twitter <—— Meh LinkedIn <—— Joined Microsoft EA <—— Wanted to join a company which had multiple products outside of gaming. Some Startups <—- Wa
- Google vs LinkedIn Which company to choose? Comparable TC (both at about 450k tc) Work wise: LinkedIn’s work seem more interesting How does refreshers compare between the two? Pros and cons I could think of: - immediate monthly vesting of equity in google vs 1yr cliff and then quarterly vesting in LI - unlimited pto
- vote which offer out of twitter/amazon/linkedin/walmart? Got an offer from twitter with TC 290k and have other offers from amazon and linkedin. Offers are similar in terms of TC all being within 10% of one another. Which will be best company to join in terms of resume, culture, growth etc as TC is similar or should I rather rather stick at my current com
- Uber Marketplace Org vs Uber Internal Tools Org I am trying to choose between a team in Uber Marketplace Org and a team in Uber Internal Tools Org (team that owns the internal phone tool/LinkedIn). Wanted to know more about WLB, impact, visibility, career growth (yoe 1.5), culture, technical opportunities?
- Good time to join snap? A recruiter from Snap reached out to me on LinkedIn regarding a swe role at Snapchat. Curious if I should consider it? How is the culture and moral in the company? Do they pay well and are they struggling to attract and retail good talent?
- How to convince recruiting agency? I'm a SDE at Amazon and I was looking for new career opportunities and I applied many companies like swiggy, Adobe etc.. via LinkedIn. Also I have updated my profile in naukri. I got call from Adobe and I attended the interview and also some lady staff from naukri reached out to me regarding a job o
and industry lounge.
- Pinterest? Thoughts on Pinterest? Got recruited and wanted to know what you think. Culture is so important since LinkedIn culture is amazing.
- vote Intern at Facebook or LinkedIn? Should I join Facebook or LinkedIn for a software engineering internship? At Facebook, I won’t know what team I’ll be on until I start. At LinkedIn, however, my offer is tied to a specific team. I’ve also heard good things about the culture at both companies and like the two companies’ missions bu
- Any insight or information on the Azure data team(s) at Microsoft? Hello everyone, A Microsoft recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn about a hiring event for the azure data team. Can anyone provide some information about the team and their culture? I have been at my current role for 7 years and I am exploring new opportunities and wanted to do my due diligence
- Alternatives to Google in SF What companies can beat Google comp in SF for a strong candidate? Thinking maybe LinkedIn and Twitter. Not too excited about Facebook culture and product. G has interesting work, but I'm tired of bad managers and incentives (people are driven to either coast or play politics, or both). TC ~400k
- Uber vs LinkedIn Sr SWE offer Not an apples to apples comparison, yet i am having to choose between these two offers. With Uber's CEO making a public comment about going public in 2019, yet with the major hit to the valuation because of the SoftBank deal, I am not sure of the upside with Uber. I am not sure which one I should pi
- Huge difference between FB etc & Google - I Recently I interviewed at some of the top paying companies and I got rejected by almost all, here is my experience. I am not sad because I faced interview on my own terms and was willing to wait for another year/ goto tier-2 or so instead of compromising. I am 15 years exp, domain expert in my doma
- Being head hunted by Google Google recruiter reached out via LinkedIn, asking if I would be interested in a Inside Sales Manager position. Trying to weigh pros and cons before I speak with the recruiter via phone. Does anyone know what salary/compensation/benefits for that type of position looks like in the Bay Area? And wha
- LinkedIn Enterprise Productivity vs. Amazon EC2 I have about 5 yoe. Both positions are in the bay area. TC-wise, both are offering close to 300k but Amazon is offering a bit more. The orgs are in the title. The LinkedIn team is internally-focused while the Amazon team delivers customer-facing features. Personally I find the Amazon team to be more
- vote FLAANG? I tend to notice a lot of goodwill toward LinkedIn regarding culture, compensation, WLB, prestige, tech, people, etc. on blind. Excluding stocks, I'm curious to see how it would fare against FAANG, in terms of desirability to work there. How does LinkedIn compare against FAANG, based on criteria ab
- LinkedIn culture and comp Haven't seen too much about LinkedIn culture or comp on here. Anyone know how the culture and comp is at LinkedIn?
- Options moving forward Currently talking to 4 places: TuneIn, Sr/Staff SWE. Applied for Staff but I think they probably expect considerably more YoE based on first phone call (non-technical). Tech call scheduled soon. Numbers quoted put TC at ~180-190 (with potential to go higher if I blow them out of the water and
- LinkedIn NYC What is the LinkedIn NYC office like? what kinds of teams/culture? is there lunch etc ?
- Culture comparison of large tech companies? I've heard people say FB is hardworking and Twitter is more laid back. What do people here think is general culture of the following - Google, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Dropbox?
- Reaching out for inspiration Hey blinders, First off thanks for creating this community! I am a fresh grad and got offers from Walmart labs, Cisco, ADP, and another small scale company. Considering to join Walmart labs or small scale company But I see a major shift in my mindset reaching end of my masters. Always thought big
- LinkedIn turning into MSFT? Hoping to hear from some LinkedIn engineers about how MSFT is handling the acquisition so far. Has MSFT left LI alone, leaving the engineering culture in tact, or do you guys sense MSFT is taking things over and will soon make it the MSFT way?
- Good teams at LinkedIn to join as an UI Engineering intern Super excited to pass the HC at LinkedIn and now I'm in the team matching phase. The HR introduced me to Talent Solution and Profile. Does anyone have insights about these teams or other teams that are working on exciting projects, that have somewhat a good team culture? Thanks!
- Amazon L6 SDM vs LinkedIn SEM Hi there, So I’m finalizing my documents for promo this Q to move from SDE L5 to SDE L6. I’m also doing my part time MBA on the side. I have few opportunities in front of me. First I can start looking for SDM opportunities within Amazon. Secondly, the PM-T senior manager offered to coach me on PM w
- Transferring to tech So I'm pretty early in my career and have realized defense isn't the fit I thought it'd be, was hoping to work on more meaningful stuff but after my original project was cancelled I haven't found something that fits the bill, plus the culture is awful (slow paced, apathetic management). I've been tr
- Anyone hiring Associate PMs or Full Stack devs? Hello all, I’ve got an engineering background but recently quit my job to attend a full stack dev bootcamp. I want to transition into software and work as a PM someday. Just graduated from the bootcamp and am now searching for opportunities. Going straight into PM would be awesome but I wouldn’t mi
and industry lounge.
- Sales @ Okta...yay or nay? Hi team! Just got hit up on LinkedIn by an internal recruiter @ Okta for a sales position. It comes at an opportune time because I just came back from Mexico for earning my 2nd consecutive Presidents Club trip and I’m thinking it’s time for a change. Any insight into pay, culture, and whatever el
- LinkedIn remote culture What is LinkedIn remote culture like? Also can you work from anywhere or are there any timezone restrictions? I am considering applying for a remote software role. TC:170 YOE:6
- LinkedIn @ NY What are the various SWE teams at LinkedIn NYC? How's the comp, culture, learning opportunities, and how does it stack up against other companies in the area This question's been asked, but I'd love to hear about teams
- How is Siri org? Getting a lot of pings on LinkedIn specifically for Siri. I know Apple's culture isn't the best, but Siri did do some high profile AI hiring to make me want to consider. How is the Siri org? Edit: projects, plans, growth, mentorship and learning opportunity, culture wise? 220k, 3.5 YOE
- Magento One of the recruiters pinged me on a LinkedIn. Does anyone know what is this company and Work culture etc ?
- Can I ask previous startup co-founders of a current startup CEO before joining ? Hi, I'm interviewing with a startup. Idea seems good, office is good. I found the ex-co-founders of previous startup of same CEO in Linkedin. His previous startup had good exit. But his current startup is just solo founder. Can I ask those ex-co-founders of his previous via LinkedIn about, what is
- What's it like to build for non-customers? Companies like Google or Facebook that build services free to use but supported by ads: What's the culture like in these environments? As a regular person, I realize great value in products like Gmail, Keep, Facebook events, LinkedIn, etc etc. But I haven't clicked on an ad in decades. They're just
- Work culture at system infra teams @ Linkedin How is the work culture at systems infra teams like Voldemort or espresso. Are they always fighting fires ? How is the work life balance ?
- "Getting a foot in the door." "When most Recruiters hear "I just want to get my foot in the door," we lose interest. A company name won't make those hard days at work any better, it won't give you the skills that you want, and it won't give you a team that vibes with your working style. Focus on the specific responsibilities o