- Anyone doing FIRE? What is your savings rate? Almost 45. I max my 401k every year. I also save about 40% of my remaining take home pay (after 401k/medical, etc...). I automatically transfer money to Vanguard index funds and to a T. Rowe Price Tax Free Bond fund(its for virginia residents). I keep it simple. I only check it about once/year with
- Should I pull out of Vanguard? I invested $30k in Vanguard a few months ago, which has now dropped to $28.6k, so I'm down nearly 5%. Should I pull out? EDIT to clarify: My Vanguard money is mostly in equities. If I pull the equities money into a Vanguard bond fund and the market tanks more and I buy at or near the bottom, then
- Any experience transferring a whole brokerage account from Vanguard to Chase? Keeping it classy here. I want to get that 60k sapphire points bonus from chase and need to move $75k in. I’d hate to just park cash there at a crappy interest, so I though I would just move my Vanguard brokerage account, but never heard of anybody doing that before. Have you done it? Was it easy?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon 401k before 3 years I quit Amazon before 3 years. I'm not sure but I've heard I won't get any of Amazon's match in the 401k account. I however still see Amazon's part on Vanguard except Vanguard calls it unvested when I am looking to transfer it to Fidelity. Does anyone knows what happens to this money?
- How to invest 40K cash I just got a signing bonus of 40K. I want to invest but worried that this might be a bad time to invest in stock market. Don't want to do crypto. Thinking of buying an index fund from Vanguard but still worried of this never ending bull market. What do I do? Invest in bond and transfer to index fund
- Investment Strategies What are the different investment strategies you follow? Like different investment sources, or looking for any patterns before buying something etc. I am very bad at studying patterns to trade stocks etc. Don't plan to buy house for few more years due to visa situation. So I do very basic thing - e
- 401k roll over question I recently switched companies so I transferred my previous 401k to vanguard. I rolled over $30k that went straight into a vanguard money market. Would you guys recommend investing that $30k immediately into index funds or dollar cost average? If dollar cost average, what frequency (amount/month) sh