- investment with fidelity index funds I have about 30k cash sitting in my checking account which I would like to invest. I’ve been reading about index funds and ETFs from blind and decided to go that route. I opened a fidelity brokerage account since I’ve my 401k with them. I’ve invested 10k in Fidelity 500 Index fund FXAIX. Is this th
- Deposit 401(k) check to new account I received the check from my previous employers's 401(k). Now I need to deposit it to my Fidelity account. Is this deposit transaction equivalent of buying stocks with cash? Meaning that I'd better deposit it when the market is low?
- Anyone else use SoFi Money? The app is lit af. Instant ATM reimbursement no kidding. This is definitely the first of its kind. Fidelity/Schwab reimburses ATM fees too but it takes 2 days. Besides the fact they don't support Zelle, is there any drawback? So far SoFi outclasses any other checking account I had. What is the bes
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Returning to India by mid-end of 2019, need 401k advice I maxed out 401k as long as I was with Microsoft (they pay 9k to 401k). I recently joined a bay area company. Job's great, they don't contribute to 401k tho, they provide some 401k account with a small financial institution, benefits seem to be none - just hold money pre tax. I will sell real estat
- Vanguard index funds Im new to the investment game. I have my brokerage account with fidelity through Microsoft. Im looking to invest in index funds 40% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund 30% Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund 30% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund But all these Vanguard index funds
- Amazon 401k before 3 years I quit Amazon before 3 years. I'm not sure but I've heard I won't get any of Amazon's match in the 401k account. I however still see Amazon's part on Vanguard except Vanguard calls it unvested when I am looking to transfer it to Fidelity. Does anyone knows what happens to this money?
- Mega Backdoor Roth Which companies allow Mega Backdoor Roth? I know LinkedIn, Microsoft, Google does. Do all companies allow Mega Backdoor Roth? Also, can i contribute to Mega Backdoor Roth from my bank account, or does it have to come from salary to after-tax bucket in Fidelity, followed by moving the after-tax bucke
- Tips for new grad swe on how to start growing money? Thinking about speaking to a financial advisor (Schwab or Fidelity) since I don’t really have too much knowledge around wealth management. Here’s my situation: ~1.5 YoE, 200k TC, 60k in savings account, already max out 401k. Wanted to ask what would be the recommended next steps to start growing/
- How to buy bitcoin How can I buy bitcoin? Fidelity locked down my account when I tried to wire money to gemini. Capital one locked my credit card when I tried to buy on coinbase. It is legal to buy Bitcoin, right? Is it that banks make everything in their power to make it impossible to buy them? I have heard that loca
- Buy Uber Ipo Where can I buy Uber IPO? Schwab doesn't sell IPO. Fidelity doesn't allow me cos it thinks I am not rich enough to buy any IPO, don't meet their minimum account worth. I am serious, no trolling please
- 401k Withdrawal for Home Purchase - MSFT Hi! Has anyone at Microsoft withdrawn 10k from their 401k account with fidelity for a home purchase? This is supposed to be a non-penalized withdrawal. I’m not finding a way to do that online and was looking for advice
- Did this noob get After Tax and Roth conversion right? Assume using Fidelity at Msft. 1) I contribute to "after tax" 401k bucket. 2) I select automatic conversion quarterly to Roth 401k. 3) At the end of quarter I call Fidelity and ask them to convert the Roth 401k funds to my Roth IRA, assuming I opened an account in the meantime. (Don't have it cur
- Who is good for 529 College Saving Account? Please suggest why fidelity/vanguard/ML Edge/WellsFargo is good/bad to open the 529 college savings account?
- How to keep my investments internationally available? My future in the USA is uncertain (#h1bmasterrace) Where should I park my investments so i have minimal headaches if I do leave? I have a vanguard brokerage account and a fidelity 401k. I have heard that after FATCA, these companies do not play nice with people no longer in the US
- vote Schwab vs. Fidelity I’m looking for a brokerage to do free trades of any stock or ETF in a Roth IRA account. So all that I care about is: - should provide Roth IRA account - free trades of any stock, ETF - high yield money market funds with low expense ratio where I can park cash I do not care about the brokerage’s in
- How actively do you make trades in your 401(k)? I’m not an active trader. I want to ask questions before I make any changes. I’m curious how actively everyone is trading in their employer-sponsored accounts, and what types of trades you’ve utilized to get you the best performance. I’ll detail my current situation below. ERISA-compliant 401(k) t
- Is lending company shares to shortsellers against most terms of employment? I know we're not allowed to sell stock short or otherwise place trades against stock, but are we allowed to lend our shares to short sellers? Fidelity has a program like this, they'll pay you a small percent return if you make shares in your account available for their securities lending program.
- ETF So I have sold half of my cryptocurrencies and looking to buy etfs. I know about FTEC. Apart from this, are there are other good tech etfs with low expense ratio? Or are their better ETFs then this with slightly high expense ratio? What else should I look before buying an etf? Any other sector I sh