- quarter life crisis compounded with H1B I know this topic has been discussed a bit here. But as a H1 holder experiencing a quarer life crisis, the tragedy is just on a different level. I am the regular guy spending most of my 20s life fulfilling the college->master->FANG (OK I do not even end up in those top companies). I feel like my lif
- link How many of you think H-1B folk “steal” American jobs? Seriously. I am sick of MAGA idiots yammering all over about H-1B immigrants stealing jobs. Now, I do agree some outsourcing shops do visa fraud that needs to be curbed. We come here legally, pay taxes, buy houses made our life here for decades, support our communities and contribute to economy. Bu
- feeling void. lost ambition TC: 230 YOE: 3 I lost motivation and desire in life. After college I’ve chased after being a fang engineer in SF so that I can learn skills to build a startup. Now I lost all ambition even though I now have skill to create. I’ve worked hard for the first few years and got GC and promotion. Work is
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Higher TC different company? - Sr Mgr/Director I’m making a good TC for an Amazon L7 SDM (550, mostly RSUs, top ratings every year, Seattle) but I have kids going to college in two years and am wondering if I should make a move to one of the better paying FAANG companies. Has anyone else left a decent paying, interesting leadership role to chase
- RAISE Act is not merit and would cause problems People are already enrolling in graduate degrees they don't need or want just to tick a box on an immigration form and get themselves classified EB1 or EB2. These are people who have no interest in becoming researchers and are primarily only interested in an immigration benefit. They wind up in jobs