- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- Goldman Sachs offer evaluation - HELP EXPERTS Hello, GS : salary: 130k + 20k TC: 150k Yoe: 2 years Profile: Software Developer Team: PWM- Private Wealth Management I am expecting interviews from Two Sigma, Amazon, etc Current TC: 120k Should I accept this offer or reject it and wait for better offers to convert? Currently I have an amazi
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon - Should I join on Receipt - Help I am considering joining Amazon on receipt since the H1b approval process can take up to 6 months. I wanted to know what you guys think about my chances of getting rejected for H1b transfer. Here is my profile: -MS, Electrical Engg. and MBA from US universities. -10 years of experience in Electric
- How much value Amazon adds on Resume? I will be joining Amazon this month and just wondering how much it adds to profile. I interned at ebay but it didn't add a significant value to my profile while looking for full time roles. Would like to know career growth at and after amazon. Sde 1 Experience : < 1year ( outside us) Amazon Tc : 16
- Need help: Amazon vs LinkedIn Offer 1: SDE 2 at Amazon Alexa Offer 2: Software engineer (not SR) at LinkedIn LinkedIn's offer is 10% more than Amazon. Both are in Bay area. I have 5 years of experience + masters which is not relevant to software. I want to get SW development experience to improve my profile. My opinion is tha
- Too many rejections and lying recruiters Hi everyone, I've 1.5 yoe and I've applied at many places in the past month with referrals. A lot of recruiters personally tell me that my profile is great, but still most of these places do not consider me even for phone interviews because they are looking for someone with more experience. I'm no
- My wife is in a better career trajectory - is this the time for me to step back and help with family? Been with Amazon for 5+ years as L6 SDM. Looks like my career is kind of peaked for now- had lot of management changes. TC is at 450K+ for next 2 years. I don’t have a strong “sponsor” to push my L7 promotion due to politics and stuff. I manage a 20+ engineering team @ Amazon for last few years. I
- Impact of having a tech company on your resume/LinkedIn This is my first week of working for Microsoft. I’m soooo happy and excited!!!! :) I proudly (and loudly :D) updated my LinkedIn yesterday and I received notifications today that recruiters from Snapchat and Amazon looked at my profile. Is this normal? Is this what it’s like to have a major tech com
- How to convince recruiting agency? I'm a SDE at Amazon and I was looking for new career opportunities and I applied many companies like swiggy, Adobe etc.. via LinkedIn. Also I have updated my profile in naukri. I got call from Adobe and I attended the interview and also some lady staff from naukri reached out to me regarding a job o
- USCIS H1B transfer high efficiency Just went through the H1B transfer process between two FANGs. Same PM profile at both. Timeline: 08/13: Application submitted in premium processing 08/14: Receipt notice 08/15: Approval notice I was surprised at the speed with which USCIS made a decision. For folks transfering, these are the docs
- Amazon Recruiting I spoke with a few friends earlier today and it looks like we all got the same message (verbatim) on LinkedIn for a Software Engineering opportunity at Amazon. When Amazon looks to hire do their Talent Acquisition team message everyone on LinkedIn hoping someone will respond? The guy who sent me the
- TC for Data Engineering Manager at Microsoft, Amazon or Facebook India (moving from Google US) I am currently a data engineering manager (Data warehousing space) at Google Bay Area, planning to move back to Hyderabad for personal reasons. But no relevant roles available in Google Hyderabad for my profile, so exploring openings at Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook or any other companies. YOE: Total
- It couldn't be that easy to get interviewed by a FANG+M?? Until I tried. Lesson Learned: I couldn't understand why ppl kept saying just go interview with another company to leverage your offer. How easy can it be to just get interviews at the top tech companies in the world? I swear I thought yall were lying. Then I got hit up by Microsoft for a job function I'd never consider on my ow
- Amazon Seattle DEX team? I've been looking for a chance to relocate and join a more high profile tech company, and recently started interviewing for a role with the Prime Delivery Experience team in Seattle. I know there are horror stories abound about working at Amazon but it seems like it's very team-dependent. Can anyone
- Amazon Finance Manager Seattle Salary Does anyone know what is the salary (Joining Bonus/Base/RSU) offered for Amazon Finance Manager profile in Seattle for someone with Top MBA?
- Evaluate offer - Senior Engineer at Nordstrom Not LE. On H1B. STEM Masters from a reputed US school, Non CS background. Currently pursuing an MS CS part time which will complete sometime next year. About 5 years dev/data science experience prior to Amazon in a little known company. Currently SDE1 at Amazon/AWS for about 2 years now, 117 Base 8
- Companies that have remote jobs I was doing some research on companies that have remote jobs available and I found a few companies, but I'd like to have more options. Companies in my list (sorted by alpha): - Amazon - Dell - Digital Ocean - GitHub - Hashicorp - Mozilla What are the other options? -- A little history: I will start
- Did not get any confirmation link after a friend referred me for a position !! Hello Amazonian’s, Not sure how the system works at Amazon, but yesterday, when my friend referred me at Amazon, I did not get any confirmation link, shouldn’t the system sends a link to complete the profile? 🤔
- Amazon Technical Program Manager - rejected but strong feedback. Join another team? I recently interviewed with Amazon Seattle (aws). The recruiter called me and told that I was not a good fit for the role I was interviewing for, but the feedback was very strong. So, they are going to open my profile to other teams to see if there is any interest. Interestingly I applied for Sr.TP
- Amazon SDM - rejected but strong feedback. Join another team? I recently interviewed with Amazon Boston. The recruiter just called me and told that I was not a good fit for the role I was interviewing for, but the feedback was pretty strong. So, they are going to open my profile to other teams to see if there is any interest. The recruiter said that I don’t ha
- How to get in Netflix? Finishing up business school and after Amazon I really hope to get in a company that I actually like. Find an opening that really fits my profile, but I heard Netflix is a people company and it really makes a difference with referral. Did some network research sadly not many people from my school w
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Career/Life Questions - What would u do I’ve been in Bay Area now for 6 years and over the past yr have been in kind of a rut. I don’t feel as happy being in SF and don’t feel like I’m fully taking advantage of the city. I think personality wise, I tend to be more slower pace, more mild mannered and wanting to invest in the area more. Bei
- Tepid interest in product managers from recruiters on LinkedIn? 🤔 I’m a Senior Product Manager (L6 PM-T for those who know Amazon) with ~5 years industry experience at two relatively trendy companies. I have 4 major new product launches under my belt and countless smaller launches. I played major roles or was the lead in those launches. I have a good track record
- Stubborn headhunters? Ever since I moved to USA I see a different, more aggressive and unpleasant approach taken by headhunters and recruiters. Working on an L1 Visa, job market is beyond my reach and that is explicitly stated on my LinkedIn profile page. Even the very first line underneath my name states: "Do not conta
- Banned from Amazon for 2 Years?! After getting through one Amazon interview process to my onsite. They decided not to hire me. A few months later, I applied for a different role, went through a few steps/interviews, and all were excited to move forward. Then the recruiter calls and says she overlooked the ban someone put on my prof
- Amazon on site without phone screen ? Amazon sent me an online assessment and after the assessment, recruiter invited to onsite directly bypassing the phone interview . Is this normal ? My profile is not stellar or anything. I'm pretty average. More importantly , should I be worried that I'll be interviewing with some teams which are s
- How good are your internal tools? I mean - infra/internal cloud, CI/CD, pre-commit tests, etc. I hear at Google they are pretty good. What about FB, Amazon, other high-profile companies? I have to say our stuff can be pretty frustrating.
- Ring Team at Amazon Lab126, Sunnyvale! Any thoughts ? Since it is a newly acquired product by amazon, I am hoping work should be great and I can move up the ladder comparatively quickly with hard work. I am currently interviewing there. Current profile at Apple. TC - 210k YOE - 4 years. Role - QAE
- Amazon expedited interview Got contacted by an amazon recruiter saying I would be a good match for their expidited interview process based on my linked in profile. She said it was for the 7th and 8th of september for their MAKO team in denver. Anyone have insight into this exedited process or the MAKO team? I contacted her
- Help with interview prep and referral Airbnb is one of the companies I am very sincerely considering for me next career move. Would appreciate if folks can guide me through their interview process - like FB emphasizes on system design, amazon has bar raiser, etc - does Airbnb have something of that sort? Do I need to focus on some areas
- Getting Tech Companies Attention What’s the best way to catch tech companies attention as a Global Supply Manager (Amazon, Facebook, Google, Apple...) using your resume or your LinkedIn profile? What do they look for the most? Need some tips on how to get more hits please. Thanks!
- Amazon recruiter sent me 5 SAME in-mails on LinkedIn today It was a big paragraph describing the team that’s hiring and the next paragraph on lines of ‘your profile is interesting. Let me know if you are open for opportunities’ This is hilarious! Wonder if it’s LinkedIn that’s making them look bad delivering the message 5 times or it’s just the typical Am
- Amazon offer question I currently have an offer from Amazon and was wondering what happens when you reject it. Does your profile remain active for a few months so that you can apply on others jobs and don't have to go through the interview process? I'm asking because I'm currently debating the location I want to work an
- Amazon Cloud Support Engineer (Dallas TX) I have been asked for an onsite interview for Cloud Support Engineer with Networking & Security profile at Dallas TX location, can you provide some insights on the Salary? I am concerned that they will low ball me. The recruiter has asked me what I am looking for in terms of Salary. I have 15+ year
- BIE role at amazon I got emailed from a few recruiters from amazon (all various teams). They all have mentioned something about my LinkedIn profile that made them want to reach out to me. But when I reply that I'm interested, no response whatsoever. Is this happening to others?
- Reverse chance me for grad school! As in, I give you my stats and you recommend a grad program. Interest: Granular computing, distributed systems, ML systems. Stats: 3.9+ UGrad GPA, average state school. GRE - not taken but if like my SAT 151Quant, 169Verbal Research - 1 undergrad thesis, 1 2nd author paper to mid tier conf (25%
- Turned down amazon offer Hi, I recently was offered job at Amazon but I was not able to relocate at the time so I didn’t take the offer. It’s been 3 months since then. How soon can I apply again? Also if I find a role that matches my profile and the team is interested in moving forward, would I need to go through the whole
- Military career and job in tech Should I keep my Army Reserve experience on my LinkedIn profile? Do tech recruiters care about that at all? MOS is unrelated to IT. Targeting SWE position, haven’t heard of any firms hiring specifically vets, besides Amazon. Thanks.
- As an almost 4 years SDEI what should I do If I get a Dev Plan Today I was being told by a friend that a SDEI didn't get promoted after 3 years has a higher chance to get pip if their team doesn't have good deliveries or a new mamager just came. I indid have a friend who got exceed ratings but didn't get promoted to SDEII for 4 years and got pip after 4 times
- Recent graduate looking for referral Hello, I'm exploring new opportunities and came across relevant roles as a software engineer @ Google, Amazon, Facebook and Microsoft. Would really appreciate any referrals, I can share my profile and/or answer any questions via PM. Thank you!
and industry lounge.
- Google Job location Hi all, I am in Seattle working for Amazon. I was recently contacted by google, and the recruiter recommended a job for me to apply. The job is matching my profile, but has different tech and requirements - I believe I meet only about 60%. She offered me this JD for applying because I mentioned to h
- Amazon Web services Vs investment bank I received an offer from AWS Trusted Advisor. Pay is better than company A (investment bank) and the profile I have at company A is a mix of machine learning and Software engineering. I am about to graduate next week. I got selected into H1B lottery this week and ironically I received an email from
- Amazon privacy Can an amazon employee with someone else’s user id or single order id check their order history, profile etc? Concerned about privacy!
- Amazon India manager levels What level is it when someone's profile says Manager III at amazon? Their precious titles were Manager II and Manager I but the promotions were within a year each
- link Unconventional profile for a Netflix senior data scientist role, can an insider advise? Im an ex Amazonian with a stem PhD, but no formal training in ML. I left Amazon and since bolstered my ML credibility. Having friends who’ve made the move to Netflix, it seems likely I would be useful but I’m not sure where my profile would fit. I would be grateful if an insider, especially someon
- H1B case received but want to switch a company I received an offer from AWS Trusted Advisor. Pay is better than company A (investment bank) and the profile I have at company A is a mix of machine learning and Software engineering. I am about to graduate next week. I got selected into H1B lottery this week and ironically I received an email from
- Associate Big Data Consultant job profile at Amazon Web Services. Hey does anyone know about the profile of Associate Big Data Consultant at Amazon Web Services? What career growth can one expect as a consultant at Amazon?