- Triplebyte - please shed some light on the process for backend developers Guys ! I am a backend developer who has an offer. But it's not really my dream company so I need to score more offers potentially. Please lay out the topics I need to focus on From data structures, system design, debugging, information security, operating systems, low level (I have no idea about
- Thoughts on the next FAANG-grade companies! Trying to crowdsource opinions on which companies will become next generation of FAANG-grade companies. The way I’m looking at it, I’d put Salesforce, PayPal and other $100B+ marketcap enterprises with 2000%+ growth over the last decade into this bucket. Trying to learn about companies across the US
- Slack valuation?! $25bn for a company with $400m revenue and -$140m operating loss?! I thought even Uber was a bit overvalued @ $80bn with $11bn revenue and $3bn loss. How do you arrive at Slack’s value?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Been working for Half-Pay for 8 months now. When to tell if you are being taken advantage of? So, basically the startup that I'm working for has been operating for about 5 years now, and is family owned by a husband/wife couple. Over the summer they ran into financial trouble, and asked the 5 of us to take half-pay for an unspecified point in time. Since they are sweet and we believed with
- link Salesforce SFO or Microsoft Redmond I recently got offers from Salesforce SFO for MTS position and Microsft Redmond for SDE2 ( Sfdc- 155k + 75k stocks + 10 k joining & MSFT - 140k + 30k stocks + 40k joining ). I am unable to decide which company to go for : In salesforce I got offer from lightening data platform which is part of d
- link Advice for What Area to Pursue in Masters Hey TeamBlind, was wondering if I could have some advice. I graduated from Berkeley this spring, 2019, and interned at Amazon and am currently re-interning at Amazon (yeah I know, but I really liked it, was on AFT and it seemed chill other than the Prime Day Fiasco and on-call). I was going to gradu
- nCino - Looking to refer experienced engineers & PMs nCino is an incredibly fast growing company with an equally incredible culture headquartered in a beach town on the east coast called Wilmington, NC. A great place to raise a family and an even better place to be 20 something. No joke, I go surfing before work almost every day. We're built on top o
- vote A tale of 2 offers After 7 weeks of job hunting, I received 2 offers. My gut failed to give me a decisive answer, so I drew decision trees, listed the pros and cons.. because they are such different jobs, it’s a bit comparing kiwis vs bananas. Here’s a little background, what would you choose? Or comment on how you ma
- Software Engineering Best Practices Hello friends, I have been writing code since 8 years now. I have worked in different areas, web, IT services, operating systems, distributed systems, etc. What I have learnt is that there is no uniform best practice and every technology company has their own set of how one should write software. I
- link Elon Musk emails employees about 'extensive and damaging sabotage' by employee - is cutting 9% of its workforce. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/elon-musk-email-employee-conducted-extensive-and-damaging-sabotage.html Tesla CEO Elon Musk told his employees that the carmaker was the victim of sabotage, reports CNBC. In an email, Musk said an employee within the electric vehicle company conducted "quite extensiv
- vote Best company for kernel engineering? Which company is striving hard in this age of ML/AI apps to do awesome things in the kernel(including hypervisor) [operating systems) PS- Please add comments supporting your votes.
- What sort of metrics should you ask for when deciding on an offer? What should you ask to get a better sense of company success, as well as what appropriate and polite. For example: revenue, number of customers, operating costs, number of product launches in the pipeline, growth rate of these things. I know a lot of companies won’t tell you most of these things. M
- An insiders PoV at Uber. I've seen a flurry of posts recently which outline the decline of quality with regard to Uber and ride sharing in general. I wanted to drop a post here just to be heard. Let's begin: Uber simply does not care about the quality control aspect of the experience anymore, they understand how the wheel
- How Does A Startup CEO Find A Job? Soooo I've been operating a startup in the CE space for a few years now, taking in the ups and downs. Amidst a downturn currently and am looking for a job to pay the bills and keep the company moving forward. However, I realize now that my resume doesn't quite work right anymore. Removing my startup
- link Will Uber sell it's South East Asian business to Grab? Grab’s $2 billion fundraising, announced on Monday and led by SoftBank, has changed the ride-hailing game in that region, giving the Singapore-based firm what may be an unassailable advantage. Uber may have to consider selling its assets to Grab. That is an enormous turnaround on the situation for
- Folks working in Corp Finance at FAANG - What OS is your work laptop? Just wondering what is your company's preferred operating system if you are working in a Corp Finance role? Are you restricted to using Windows machines mainly due to certain heavily used finance applications like Excel, Hyperion, Essbase etc. Anyone in a finance role at a FAANG company use a MacBoo
- Transitioning from startup in Mid market city Looking for career growth opportunities in larger companies or startups in larger markets. I’ve worked for 2 startups but feel like my career trajectory has plateaued both from a salary and opportunity stand-point. Currently I’m the VP, Biz Dev/Partnerships/Marketing (we’re a 10 person company). I