- Citadel/Instagram/Netflix choice EDIT: Choose Netflix Recently got offer in these three. Netflix is in bay area, the other two will be in NYC. TC is similar but with different stuctures. Citadel HF: backend developer position in hedge fund department. Comp is heavy on bonus. Instagram: E5 with top TC with structure you can expect
- Facebook is evil in its nature I never cared for Facebook. I joined it because I wanted to fix the news platform but realized I couldn’t. I don’t believe Facebook itself can neither. It was built to prey on peoples vanity and weakness in trying to get attention. It’s bad from individual level all the way to an entire society. Twi
- link At what point do we (tech workers) move out of the bay? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/3/19/18256378/tech-worker-afford-buy-homes-san-francisco-facebook-google-uber-lyft-housing-crisis-programmers When you calculate your real wage with respect to cost of living, are you doing that much better than say a geologist in Texas? Su
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- is FAANG TURNING TO MAANGO? (: Facebook out Microsoft oracle in? Is it the end for Facebook due to data/privacy management problems? I feel like all other company has some product .... Facebook is just another social media platform..?? Is this the ugly truth?? Market caps: Microsoft = $712B Amazon = $710B Apple = $860B
- How is Facebook so broken How can Facebook with so many employees be so incapable of having a stable platform running on PC? The platform always is laggy and feels super buggy. On mobile it runs fine, but it seems like on all my windows devices it runs like shit. And I'm not the only one experiencing this because friends rep
- vote What’s happening with Mark Zuckerberg ? He has ordered people to use Android phones only ? Do you think it’s fair ? Here is the link https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/11/14/18095729/mark-zuckerberg-order-facebook-executive-android-phones
- Mom also stopped using Facebook. Should I sell my FB stocks? Almost all of my friends are on Facebook but none of them use it more than 2 times a year but it came as a shock when I learned my mom who's been super active since decade finds the platform boring and uses rarely since a year. She's moving to Instagram on my suggestion which I have started finding
- Will facebook last ? What’s facebooks competitive advantage or largest revenue streams I can’t see them lasting too much longer next 5-10 years. Still just the facebook platform and WhatsApp, instagram? Do they have other moonshots I don’t know about or other large revenue streams ?
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- link “Great” job, Facebook. Is it the right time to dump Facebook? I feel like it’s completely useless platform. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/facebook-left-hundreds-millions-user-passwords-unencrypted-n985876 TC 200k, 3YOE
- link Disinformation is ramping up Two main disinformation platform, Twitter and Facebook, still run without any accountability. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/20/2020-candidates-social-media-attack-1176018
- link Facebook: New low! you can no longer delete your fb account in 2 weeks. The platform asks for a 1 MONTH Grace period. TF? FB, get your shit together. trying to retain users this way, is such a bad move in all regards. https://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Facebook-is-now-making-users-wait-twice
- Facebook UX is shit On desktop version, I'm watching a video on my feed, (and this happens more often if I have scrolled down a lot) sometimes the scroll position just randomly jumps up or down, as if some content I have long scrolled past got resized, and the video will move. Sometimes the video will even move out of
- Nationalize Amazon ...make Facebook a utility? Thoughts from tech folks? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/30/nationalise-google-facebook-amazon-data-monopoly-platform-public-interest
- What is Facebook upto? 1. Fake news and political propogandas 2. Age limit: Now it allows kids below 13 to use a restricted messenger so that they onboard to the platform early 3. Full of advertisements. 4. Former employees are regretful on what they have created It's destabilizing the social fabric. The platform is
- Advice on doing ML with weak CS background Hi! I am a junior SWE at Facebook doing somewhat ML stuff, you know, the kind that doesn't require a PhD degree, data preparation, training models and deployment and stuff. Recently I feel less and less confident about my career choices and here's why: a) I don't have a CS bachelor's degree, which m
- Black people are finding that their attempts to create "safe spaces" on Facebook are derailed by the platform https://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-s-luckie/facebook-is-failing-its-black-employees-and-its-black-users/1931075116975013/
- FB or Google given the following teams I was lucky enough to get offers from both of them. Now what matters is the team. Can anyone give feedback from the following teams? I know FB does bootcamp, but I'm taking to teams that have head count. I have 3 years of experience. E4 for FB and E3 for Goog. Google: YouTube YouTube Kids Google Ma
- vote Anyone still use Facebook? After talking to a bunch of high schooler one day, I found out that they all use Snapchat as their primary social media platform. I asked them if they use any other social media. Some said they use Instagram and Twitter; however, no one said Facebook so I asked them about Facebook, and they said onl
- link Facebook- Value of trust? Facebook employees with top TC, whats the value you guys put for trust that users have on the platform? Is that what was pushing your stock price- ouch until now? A company with zero values and big structural issues. https://gizmodo.com/facebook-giving-other-companies-access-to-your-private-1831221
- PM interview prep How do you crack PM interviews at big corps like FAANG? How do I start preparing? I’m at an Ad-tech company on the east coast with 3+ years of PM experience. I’ve worked mostly on B2B SaaS Ad Platform products used by publishers, advertisers, and ad agencies. Some of the companies I’m interested i
- How is the comp at Palo Alto Networks Recently received recruiting email on its cloud platform. Wondering how the salary / compensation compare to FLAGs, or Facebook in particular.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Facebook Teams I am aware that it is completely candidate's preference to check and see if any of Facebook team's mission aligns with they want to do in their career next or based on their interest. However, there will be some outstanding remarks or comments about every team at Facebook, if I am not wrong. So
- How's the data infrastructure at your company? No need to go into specifics, just at a high level. Mainly interested in Facebook, Google and Pinterest, but any other internet companies with large amounts of data are free to chime in. Say you want to read some data and gain insights from it. Do you have a central platform where teams can dump the
- Politics on LinkedIn When did everyone start using LinkedIn as a platform to spew their political beliefs? Many of us stopped using trollbook(Facebook) to get away from this, now even while networking for work we see the same played out political posts. Have other people noticed this too?
- Facebook Product Manager contract I have an offer as a product manager at Facebook, but it’s a contract position. Team is enterprise engineering. Am I crazy to leave a regular position for a contract position? I’m not happy in my current role, but also not happy with company. The FB role is working on a platform that I find exciti
- An insiders PoV at Uber. I've seen a flurry of posts recently which outline the decline of quality with regard to Uber and ride sharing in general. I wanted to drop a post here just to be heard. Let's begin: Uber simply does not care about the quality control aspect of the experience anymore, they understand how the wheel
- Recruiters offer too low Coming out of college with less than 1 year work experience, I got a job at Amazon that paid about 130k salary, 160k total compensation. If you add in health insurance, Amazon stock (which has been doing well), and bonus, it's quiet a lot for an entry level Java programming position. I got the extra
- New Social Media Question on DS-160 and DS-260 Visa Applications http://immigrationgirl.com/new-social-media-question-on-ds-160-and-ds-260-visa-applications/ Most of you might have seen this on HN front page. Wonder how would they validate if the handle really belong to the person claiming it? From HN comments, platforms covered ``` Facebook, Flickr, Google+, I
- How biased is blind? For one, people are always more likely to post about negative things than anything positive. Most of the people on here work for the big corporates - Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Amazon employees make up a majority of the members. Definitely more tech folks than people from any other fields. Th
- Career Advice Please Hi. I currently work as a Product Support Engineer at Sprinklr making 70k for 2+ years. I do not code as we use internal tools and just solve tickets all day and night including weekend etc. it’s more about customer support role while working with devs and qa by telling them about bugs in platform a
- Facebook internship roles Hi, I will be interning at Facebook at Menlo Park this summer. I need opinion and views regarding what team or products to work on. Full-time conversion is also something that I am strongly targeting so I want to weigh in that as well. I am interested mainly in infrastructure backend and WEB fulls
- link Rest and Vest - Business Insider article http://www.businessinsider.com/rest-and-vest-millionaire-engineers-who-barely-work-silicon-valley-2017-7?&platform=bi-androidapp Funny that it references facebook as the first example.
- vote Does it make sense to breakdown giant tech companies strickly from the point of view of consumer?? For example: 1. Will consumer/advertisers benefits more when we have Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc etc as different companies and compete with each other?? User can switch platform if they don't like the policy and operations of one company.. 2. Can AWS serve their customer better if they are
- Facebook Denver Anyone know what's going on with the Facebook office in Denver? Will it only focus on networking, security, and infrastructure? I'm a software engineer interested in working at FB, but also staying in the Boulder/Denver area. Would love working on the platform vs. other said categories.
- Does Facebook live have a dedicated team? I really think Facebook live is one of the best features any platform has come out with. I think the potential is crazy. Does anyone at Facebook have any insight into this? Is it just a feature with a few people working on it or does it have an entire department?
- Looking for security engineer opportunities Hi, I am a security engineer looking for opportunities in Facebook or Google. I have applied directly but never heard back, so thought of taking help from this platform for referrals.
- Looking for Facebook Referral Would someone be willing to refer me to a sales/account management role at Facebook. I currently do the equivalent at Google however believe the Facebook advertising platform is becoming a better alternative to AdWords.
- sysdevs and sysengs at amazon Are they treated as second class citizens at Amazon in terms of TC and day to day work? I have especially felt this in terms of TC for an offer I am evaluating. At Facebook, LinkedIn and many other big firms, System/Production/SREngineers enjoy a much better platform and compensation. Any corroborat
- Will phone numbers become obsolete? Will phone numbers become obsolete? When will that happen and what will we use instead ? Will one platform dominate more than another or will we continue to use multiple as we do today like Facebook, Gchat, whatsapp, Snapchat of Instagram ect.