- How do you get a job at a FAANG? I have 20 yoe, mostly at the "lower tier" tech companies like Credit Karma and Pandora that hire people off of dice. Also a brief Apple contract. How do people get full-time jobs at top companies? I don't see anything wrong with my resume. Is it just luck or can you submit hundreds of applications
- Contract Role - should I negotiate? Received an offer for a 12-month consulting role at Apple. I mean, technically I'm employed by the consulting agency. I'm really excited to work with my new team but was disappointed when I saw the hourly rate ($40) on my contract. I've got 72 hours to sign it, should I negotiate? I'm new to the Ba
- Personal projects while being full-time I heard that certain companies have written in the contract that they can claim ownership and sue you on any projects that you work outside of work hours or not. They also mention that you can’t work on open source neither. Is it true? If yes, which company? I heard Apple and Google do that. Anyone
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Apple started contracting via contracting firms? Hi. A contracting firm reached out to me today. Asking to get me in for $75/hour at Apple Cupertino for HW System Eng role. I have 12 YOE in HWE +PhD. Can you guys believe? Apple dropping the bar for pay and hunting talent for cheap pay? Qualcomm way? I know they pay very well for regular employees.
- link Apple treats its IT contractors so badly ? https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tn-apple-contract-workers-20190212-story.html Apple does provide thousands of jobs around the world, but working conditions for contract employees right in Silicon Valley are borderline abusive. There may be a duty to deliver profits to share holders, but Appl
- Apple Contractor Product Manager with Apple Online Store team Posting for a friend: My friend has a contract offer from Apple. What’s it like working as a Contractor at Apple with Apple Online Store team? The office is at Tantau in Cupertino. How is it for Product Managers? In the interview, she was told the decision making power is limited and you are alwa
- Employee treatment How Apple treat contract employees and temporary vendor?
- Apple Slowing down iPhones This is interesting, but I don’t think Apple made the wrong call on their decision. Maybe it should have been explained to the public, which is a PR problem...but the decision Apple made was the correct one based on a User Experience/Product Management perspective in my opinion. The issue is, Lith
- Contractor to Salaried - Happen often? Considering a contract position at an Apple affiliated company. How often do roles like these lead to working internally?
- Does Apple contract disallow employees to sell their own apps? I am thinking about applying to Apple for a software developer job. But I also have modest but good income from my own apps in the AppStore, they were there for years. It would be a shame to find that Apple’s job contract bans employees from having their own commercial apps in the AppStore. Does A
- Contract roles at Apple Walmart I have been getting mails from some consultancies which I never heard of, claiming Apple & Walmart are their clients. Can someone please let me know some genuine vendors Apple, Walmart Labs work with?? PS: I am a contractor at LinkedIn
- Convert from contract to fulltime or jump? I’m a recent grad, working as a contractor. Since the chances to convert are low I been interviewing, got offer from Amazon and have Microsoft and Google onsite next month (but not holding my breath). Amazon TC is way higher than my contract TC (100k). But if I had a choice Google > Apple > Microso
- Looking for Job after 7 years break My wife took a break to grow the kids for the last 7 years. Just recently (Jan 2019) she updated her linked in to look for any opportunities to ease back in. We are in Austin and are unclear how to go about this process. She got a ping yesterday from Advantis Global for an Apple TPM/PM role. Is thi
- Contract sourcer hourly rate. What is the going hr rate for a contract sourcer who has worked at top tier companies the last 6 yrs in silicon valley. Places like Apple Facebook Google and Amazon.
- Apple - Product Manager (contract) - Austin - Interview help Hi, This is my first post so please forgive if these questions are off-limits. I am a product manager in Austin (10 yr work-ex, s/w dev background, product manager for ~4 years). I was contacted by a third-party recruiting company for a contract ProdM role in Austin. Already had a phone interview w
- Apple contractor internal job change Hi, I am an Apple contractor. Does anyone know can I apply for full time positions inside Apple during my contract. I heard somewhere that I have to wait for 6 months to apply for Apple after my contract is over. Is it true?
- Resume advice: framing unusual Edu & Exp I have some unusual educational creds and work experience. What's the best way to frame these in a 1-page resume to clear recruiter screens and get a phone screen? 1. I'm doing a part-time MSc in Soft Eng from Oxford. It's a classroom program for professionals, and I use my vacation time to attend
- Conversion from contract to employee compensation Hey guys, what is the compensation level (base, shares etc) when you are being converted from contract to employee at apple? Position is 70 / 30 manual / automation teating.