- AMA - How I got multiple offers from FAANG and Tier 1 companies I see a lot of folks asking about interview preparation and topics to study for the SWE roles at FAANG. Here's a list of topics that I studied and managed to get offers from Facebook, Apple, Lyft, Linkedin, and Amazon. If you study these topics and once you develop a knack of identifying patterns an
- LinkedIn recruiter lowballing on the level I talked to a LinkedIn recruiter regarding interview. I am currently an E5 at Facebook, whose LinkedIn equivalent is Staff Engineer. (According to levelsfyi) My yoe is 5 years. However, she told me that they offer staff only to people with 8+ years of experience. She told me that if I do really
- Conservatives should go where theyre valued Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft. It’s clear their leadership dont espouse conservative values. They actually supress it! So why are you working there? Go! Go to Exon or some other shit company where you can be pro life, no diversity, no women quotas! Please leave tech.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Guide me on front end engineer career path I recently attended an on-site interview in amazon and failed mostly because of system design I think. They didn't give me any specifics. I also failed facebook phone screen. Now I'm preparing for interviews and looking for a job change at top tech companies for more challenges than my current job.
- vote Joining FB in a few weeks as EM, having Imposter Syndrome now. Current job: Very good WLB, mature team, everybody respect me, good connections with senior leaders. New gig: Infamous for its like-hell WLB, unknown team and leadership, have to start from scratch. Having Imposter Syndrome now, doubting whether I can be successful in a cut-throat environment, even
- Aspiring New grad product manager/ Please read I am an aspiring product manager and due to rush hour circumstances, I applied to all the programs/openings without a referral. I am on a trip to Myanmar and vietnam till aug 25 and i know referral process might take on/off times and didn't want to delay(Due to no internet access in my trip). Now i
- Amazon Phone Screen - Should I study Leadership Principles? I have an Amazon phone screen later this week. Do I need to know the leadership principles? I've just been grinding leetcode bc I also have Google, Facebook and Microsoft interviews to study for 😅
- vote Is Google and Facebook anti American and will do anything to proceed their globalist agenda? Google and Facebook are global companies and don’t have any allegiance with USA, and have started openly undermining the country and trying to control its policies and politics. Do you think the top leadership of these companies and other should be investigated?
- link Bloomberg: FB employees commiserate on Blind over corporate scandal "Most discussion at Facebook happens on the company’s workplace version of the social network, in various company groups. But when the news is about Facebook’s leadership, some employees have found it easier to talk when they’re unnamed. They used Blind, the anonymous employee chat app, to raise the
- link Facebook Rotational Product Manager Hi guys, The applications for Rotational Product Manager at Facebook recently opened up and I was wondering if anyone at Facebook would be able to give me a referral. I am currently in software development. I would be happy to DM my resume. I have linked the position below. Have a great day. To giv
- Facebook DS Rejection after Onsite Hey guys, Hoping to get some perspective on the rejection response for Data Scientist (Analytics) I received from the Facebook recruiter after the onsite. Based on my interview experience, I felt it went well in each of the rounds and in the recruiter’s email they stated that “the DS’s you met ons
- What now? I’m one of those hungry people who needs to keep rising. I don’t foresee myself as a middle manager or deep in the engineering world. I see myself in leadership. I’ve been a SWE for 5 years at msft and another big company and I’ve even working for the past year as a Partner Engineer at Facebook. Wh
- Facebook onsite after hiring manager interview? After talking with recruiter I had one phone call with a hiring manager at Facebook. This is for a position as an individual contributor engineer. It was a great 60 min call where we discussed my past projects as well as some technology and leadership principles. I also got to ask some questions abo
- Director experiences @ fb? Being recruited for a Director level job at Facebook leading 2 teams plus more, but I'm worried about some of the potential future peers I spoke with about their work. They all were overwhelmed and when I asked if they tracked their time or how they evaluated their effectiveness - their answers fel
- Facebook culture / principles Is there a blog, deck, or article that outlines Facebook culture? Netflix, Uber, and Amazon publish detailed info about leadership and culture, but haven’t seen much from FB.
- Acronyms Compiled exclusively for Noobs of Blind TC - Total Compensation. This is to be indicated per year. Includes Base+Annual Bonus+Stocks/RSUs in US Dollars. Don’t include your 401k in this, nor your Sign On YOE - Years of Experience Base - gross Annual Pay Sign On - Joining Bonus LC - Leet Code LP - Am
- What is UX design? I’ve walked through my portfolio with UX recruiters/HMs from Facebook, MS, Google, +others, and I’ve gotten consistent feedback that the work “isn’t UX design”. Project 1: Evaluated and analyzed company’s communication strategy with customers, gathered qualitative feedback and quant data from resea
- Going out to interview, what level should I expect? 4.5 years experience in LinkedIn, Staff Eng with leadership experience of several decent size projects, and had always been the top performer in the team. Current TC is around 350k/yr. This is my first job out of college so 4.5 yrs in industry. What level and TC can I expect if I go out to interview
- Senior EM at Apple vs. M0 at Facebook Received a Senior EM offer from Apple and M0 offer from Facebook. Did not do very well on technical portions in Facebook interviews and was told I was not technically strong enough to make M1 at Facebook. Was told M0 is a TL / EM role with management responsibilities but with some restrictions (seni
- Facebook Leadership Recruiting What are they all about? And why are they contacting me. Is this for quota purposes or just canvassing the lay of the land. Should I ignore it?
- link Women in Product Management - MAKE IT HAPPEN 2019 Context: I didn’t see this group when I posted this under Career and it got flagged as inappropriate. I am now in the right group (women in tech). Can you ladies let me know if this is inappropriate? My message is positive. I want to see more women have success in tech across all disciplines. I
- Understanding Facebook Interview response Hi Everyone, Gave Facebook interview few weeks back, this is the response i got from recruiter. "You sql was good, coding was ok, we had good conversations about product sense, they see good leadership skills, they liked you, but they were not sure you were interested in job" So the reason
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Challenging problems to solve... when asked about the job First of all, I am not judging or criticizing at all. I am just trying to understand the reason why this is the most important criteria for many people. I can understand when people say they like the job because of good WLB, compensation, meaningful (ie make world better) or fun work or work enviro
- Update: Facebook Onsite Interview I recently had an onsite interview with Facebook (1 career + coding, 1 design, 2 coding). I really did well in the coding rounds (wrote most optimal, bug-free code for the questions and answered all followups correctly). I am not able to judge my system design round. I talked about a lot of aspects
- Does anyone want to practice PM questions with me? I'm currently a tech recruiter preparing to transition to PM. Doing a lot of side projects related to product at feel ready to make the switch. Is anyone else prepping and want to practice product sense/execution questions? Are there any Slack groups for this sort of thing? I can make a secret Fac
- Startup vs bigco: am I being shortchanged? Hi I'm 31, working for a series C startup valued at ~$200M that totally raised ~$50M. I've been here 3 years, and I've vested ~0.7% of common options that I fully exercised in common stocks (0.7% is after counting current dilutions etc., it was > 1% at the beginning). I still have an additional ~
- Interview Questions Amazon has Leadership Principles (LP), and internally, there is a recommended list of questions for each LP. I would speculate that 90% of questions are asked from those lists. It's pretty easy to get that list from your contacts at Amazon. I am looking for something similar for a role of Manager o
- Follow up after Facebook Onsite I had onsite with Facebook for Technical Program Manager. Now the recruiter wants another interview. She said it will focus on “Leadership”. Any tips for it?
- vote Lame ass business insider article on FB https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-employees-react-nyt-report-leadership-scandals-2018-11 They have literally pasted comments from individual users on Blind. News for the heck of it. Aside from this, in general what does everyone think abt FB being so much in news these days, for all the wron
- Search Team @ Google long time search googler who feels need to blow whistle. not using work email for obvious reasons. the search team at google needs a full reboot. we’ve made no progress in the past 6 years ive been here and the culture is toxic. leadership care most about protecting their million dollar salaries an
- Google / Facebook PM leadership position in Seattle - do they exist? Every time a recruiter from @Google or @Facebook calls, they try to loore me into an amazing position (last was FB labs) it turns out the position is in the Bay area... Are there no Director and above roles within these companies in Seattle? Worked for Msft in the past and not interested in Amzn..
- link Facebook is EVIL Facebook came out in favor of a bill called the Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act to “have positive content pushed out about your company and negative content that’s being pushed out about your competitor.” Google and others had fought the bill for months, worrying it would set a cumbersome precede
- link Facebook Teams I am aware that it is completely candidate's preference to check and see if any of Facebook team's mission aligns with they want to do in their career next or based on their interest. However, there will be some outstanding remarks or comments about every team at Facebook, if I am not wrong. So
- Slow growth; cynical I feel like my growth has been very slow at Amazon despite the high growth stories about the company. I have been working on my last project for 2+ years and without launching there is no data to support my growth. I have thought hard about why we haven’t launched and also solicited feedback from p
- vote Does my company ship responsibly? Let’s face it, we work in a largely unregulated space. For my own company, most people don’t even see self-driving cars as a current technology. For companies like Google, an entire Senate hearing is spent practically instructing old politicians on how to turn on their computers and explaining to th
- Facebook Engineering QA Lead onsite interview What can I expect for Facebook QA Engineering Lead onsite interview. Did anyone attend and clear interview. I was told it covers 1. QA testing concepts 2. Automation or manual testing questions 3. Leadership and program management 4. Behavioral interview What is the TC for this role? My current TC
- Apple Firmware Engineer Interview? What would the interview loop look like for a high-level IC? I'm guessing it's not just standard leetcode + system design + leadership. Asking for an acquaintance (~20 YoE, last 4 as M2, all in the embedded/firmware space). He wants to transition back to doing more hands-on stuff. I'm guessing t