- link Uber Product Platform - Intern I’m going to be interning for Uber this summer and placed in the Product Platform(not my first Choice). The group seems largely front end heavy, which I have no experience on nor really envisioned myself pursing as a career. The descriptions I found online seemed pretty vague about the functions of
- Platform PM II @ Uber All seems to have gone well and positive feedback for 6 rounds. Meeting about the decision happened, another “tech” round scheduled to test the depth but NOT even one question around it. And got a negative feedback there. Now the ball is in Hiring Manager’s court? Is there any remote chance to get
- Uber Hadoop platform team interview suggestions ? Has any one interviewed for Hadoop platform team at Uber ? What to expect , role is software engineer
- Uber Hadoop Platform Team Interview Suggestions? Has anyone here interviewed with Uber Hadoop Platform Team? What was the experience like specifically was it like any other tech interview with algorithms and design or was more into Hadoop and/or distributed systems?
- How is uber business platform eng team? In terms of culture, work whether it is interesting and challenging, etc?
- How to prepare for uber marketplaces platform team interview? I have an interview with uber’s marketplace team. How should i prepare for phonescreen and onsite. Edit: for engineering role.
- Best orgs in Microsoft, Uber for a software engineer? How is Microsoft IoT and Uber Business Platform? Prefer low ops.
- link Amazon folks do you know what happened? https://www.recode.net/platform/amp/2018/3/21/17148854/uber-rescinded-job-offer-amazon It seems like he was let go from Amazon from what I understand
- Amazon folks do you know what happened? https://www.recode.net/platform/amp/2018/3/21/17148854/uber-rescinded-job-offer-amazon It seems like he was let go from Amazon from what I understand
- Uber Infrastructure Team Offer Have an offer from the platform configuration team at Uber. Anyone on Blind familiar with this team and can provide any insight? Seems like it has alot to do with cluster management. YOE: 1 Offer TC: 120k/3.3k RSU/25k
- Teams to join at Uber? What are some good teams to look for at Uber? I'm interested in backend side of things. I currently see some openings in Core Infra, Routing/Navigation, Go Lang Platform, Data Pipelines, GCP Cloud.
- Teams at Uber Got an offer from Uber and considering the following teams: data platform team and the marketplace team. Talked to leaders and the marketplace guy sounded like a solid exec while the data platform was not showing any enthusiasm (burned out perhaps?) Uberities what do you advice for a senior engine
- How to invest in pre-ipo companies Does anyone invest in pre-ipo companies? What platform do you use to do so? What has worked for you and hasn’t for such investments? Lastly, when do you think exactly uber is expected to go IPO in 2019?
- ML platform software engineering - what to expect? 2 parts to the question: 1) How different is ML platform engineering from regular backend engineering? 2) What should I expect to be different in the interview compared to regular backend engineering? Example teams: Uber Michaelangelo, Pinterest ml platform team etc.
- The Future of Ridesharing I'm curious to know what people on here think about the ridesharing industry and the way it's shifted to basically becoming a platform for regular people to run a taxi business with the Uber and Lyft apps
- Invest in pre-ipo companies Folks, I think there's some crowd source platform for investing in pre-ipo companies. Any suggestions. I know, first thing that strikes many people on seeing my question is Uber debacle :-)
- Uber on-site interview Got an onsite with Uber that I need to schedule. Any thoughts on SFO office vs Palo Alto? Which teams are good vs teams to avoid? Recruiter recommended interviewing in Palo Alto as backend engineer for mobile platform team - driver or Rider teams? Any thoughts on this
- Uber Hyderabad is hiring We, at Uber Hyderabad, are hiring backend, frontend and mobile Sr. Engineers for our finance engineering platform teams as well as the new charters outside finance that we are building out. Ping me to know more. In fact, we have a new program through which we are also inviting applications from sen
- Onsite Uber in different Orgs Hello Guys, I have an onsite scheduled with UBER-ATG for their core platform. I also had phone screen with UBER in SF with initial inclination for MichelAngelo or Marketplace. It seems like they are now team-matching me with Rider, Driver or Uber for business for my onsite. I am a little disappoint
- Uber Productivity Org Passed the phone screen of Uber and before someone asks in the comments, I was asked 2 LC mediums. They make you write a lot of code in 50 mins. For the onsite round, the recruiter seems to be pushing me into the Productivity org (IT Engineering) teams. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Dev
- vote Offer Shootout Trying to choose between 3 offers and current job. Here is the format I will follow to present the offers: Company (location:level:org): base/RSU-Total/yearly-bonus/Sign-on Uber (SF: L4 : Marketplace): 139k/268k/13.5k/25k Google (Sunnyvale: L3: GCP): 140k/240k/15%/20k Series-B Startup (SF:mid:ML Pl
- Uber senior iOS developer interview I’m planning for Uber iOS developer position. Right now I’m not in FAANG or any top level company but I have more than 10 years development experience and working as mobile team lead now. I understand that I need to go through LC problems for problem solving and whiteboard but what about system des
- Working in the self driving space How is it working in the self driving cars space? How different would one's experience as a software engineer be vs working at more traditional companies like Google, fb etc (in terms of engineering problems not company size etc). Also, I'm curious as to what insiders think of the landscape in term
- Backdoor Roth Need some help here guys! 1. I've contributed 5500 to traditional IRA this year. Do I need to do the conversion this year or is it the same if I do it next year along with next year's 5500 (convert 11000 in one go)? 2. How do I do it on the Fidelity platform? Is it just open both accounts, load 55
- link Disrupt the Disrupters https://gizmodo.com/its-time-for-uber-and-lyfts-white-collar-workers-to-ste-1833615067 “I am an Uber employee and I support the drivers’ strikes. The strikes called on Monday by Rideshare Drivers United (RDU) in Southern California and Gig Workers Rising in San Francisco are a sign of the deep fru
- An insiders PoV at Uber. I've seen a flurry of posts recently which outline the decline of quality with regard to Uber and ride sharing in general. I wanted to drop a post here just to be heard. Let's begin: Uber simply does not care about the quality control aspect of the experience anymore, they understand how the wheel