- compensation decline at Amazon? Refresh policy? It seems like Amazon does not pay an annual bonus only a signing bonus that lasts 2 years from the date of hire. After the 2 year mark it looks like all income is either Salary or RSU. I know most here include signing bonus as part of their TC but i prefer to leave it out as it is one time in nature
- Relocate to India or Wait for GC Current Situation: Net worth about $750k. Came to US 5 years ago with 0 savings. Got lucky with Amazon stock appreciation and Seattle real estate. I also invested in a manufacturing business with a friend in India and that business is now giving me a passive income of about $10k/month. I do believe
- Why is eating meat acceptable considering the environmental and ethical outcomes? It is well known by now that factory farmed meat(92% of supermarket meat) has a huge impact on water resources, CO2 emissions and deforestation and added to that how animals are treated in the slaughterhouses. Yet people, especially in the south(Austin also; a fairly liberal city) have meat in almos
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon SDM III/L6 Pre on-site compensation questions I'm interviewing as a SDM III/L6 Prime Video in Seattle. Passed the phone screens, on-site is scheduled. The recruiter is pushing for my TC before the on-site. My background. Over 25 years heavy technical leading 10-12 person teams. Founded a moderately successful start up very relevant to Ama
- Sign on bonus taxed in California I recently moved from California to Washington after being hired by Amazon. In my first pay check I saw my signon bonus was taxed in California as well. I paid a good sum as income tax in California even after moving to Washington. Is that normal ? If not what should I do ?
- Startup funding while working full time at Amazon In college I got side income based on my startup pitches or academic scholarships. Seems it’s not that easy anymore in the real world. Anyone have any luck in the Seattle area or any resources that Amazon provides for funding of startup side projects it seems easier if my roommate was also an entr
- Why include signing bonus in total compensation? Since we are paid in various ways other than salary, it is important to take note of the current forward 12 month rate of recurring income to compare current earning power vs the market. When I mentally account for my total compensation, I do not include income that is temporary in nature and not r
- link Amazon Pays $0 in Federal Income Taxes We need to tax that $0 at 70% 😤 https://itep.org/amazon-in-its-prime-doubles-profits-pays-0-in-federal-income-taxes/
- Who's got a legit side Hustle? What kind of side hustle or other streams of income do you have? How much time do you have to dedicate in addition to your day job? How much are you actually making? I'm interested in Amazon FBA, Affiliate marketing, drop shopping, lead generation, etc. (Real estate once I have enough saved up!)
- Higher TC different company? - Sr Mgr/Director I’m making a good TC for an Amazon L7 SDM (550, mostly RSUs, top ratings every year, Seattle) but I have kids going to college in two years and am wondering if I should make a move to one of the better paying FAANG companies. Has anyone else left a decent paying, interesting leadership role to chase
- Vancouver vs london FANG compensation I live in vancouver and pay 30 percent tax. Salary is 110k cad. I take home about 6.5k cad every month, rent is 2.5k cad for a 2bdr. Im an sde1 and im thinking of moving to London. How much do fellow sde1s make in London at The amazon/google/facebook offices? How much is the net income after tax?
- Buying protective put to hedge values of RSUs I recently got a job at Amazon and got RSUs as part of my comp package. I’m sure most ppl have this as it’s pretty standard at all major tech companies. I was wondering what rules for buying a protective puts are to hedge the values of our rsu’s. Has anyone thought of this? Even if we can’t hold
- AWS - Being an AWS employee and an AWS partner, at the same time. Having a little trouble trying to beat my ethics here. My company is an AWS partner, and I'm afraid of answering to Amazon emails (i.e. account manager ). Since it's a small company, no one else have the expertise or tech knowledge in order to get involved with AWS topics with customers, other tha
- Paycut if move to Vancouver Working at Microsoft as SDE 2 with yearly W2 income around 170K. If I decide to move to Microsoft/Amazon Vancouver in comparable role then what will be my yearly income there? 170K CAD is doable??
- Side income as an amazon seller Worth it? How much do you make? Is there something i should know before jumping in?
- Canadian moved to US - taxes Anybody know of good resources to file taxes? Deloitte did it for me when I moved here but I have to do them myself this year. I was going to download TurboTax and use the discount from Robinhood. I have the following: - Amazon income - Amazon stock vest - Robinhood, Betterment, Crypto, Wisebanyan
- Salesforce bank affinity (home loan) Union Bank has an affinity with Amazon allowing for unvested shares to be allocated as income to boost your ability to borrow/get a mortgage. Does Salesforce have an equivalent?
- Amazon Lab 126 OPM I am been contacted by Amazon Lab 126 recruiter for a Senior OPM position. I been with Apple for 4 years and is an ICT 5. I am a senior OPM on Sustaining team. I got 25 years of industry experience. Although I am not actively looking, but since it been 4 years and my initial RSU has vested, I f
- Taxes for a new person in the US Hi, I moved from Canada to the US in Aug 2016. Amazon hired Deloitte and got all my taxes done through them for the year 2016 in both the US and Canada. From talking to the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) I don't have to file 2017 taxes in Canada. I do have to file US taxes by myself for the year 2017
- Where to rent a house/apartment near seattle? Family of 4. Single income. 2 kids, 6 and 3 yrs of age respectively. I am looking for a spacious place (preferably 1700 sqft plus) and a safe neighbourhood. Max budget for the rent is ~ $3k / month. Which areas would you suggest? Also, which ones do you prefer, houses or apartments? Work for Amazon
- Side jobs How many of you have non IT side jobs for extra income? Has anybody experimented bring Uber or lyft driver or amazon delivery person ? What other side jobs can you think of?