- Embedded/Hardware at Facebook? It’s been a while at Apples hardware design but things look bleak in terms of promotion. Work is not fully satisfactory because too many chefs in the kitchen. How is FB? Any HW/embedded Sharks here
- Compensation for Facebook IC6 hardware design engineer? I’m getting a hardware design engineer job offer from facebook reality labs (previously oculus) at the IC6 level. What’s the mean/median/range of compensation broken down by base salary, bonus (20%?) and annual vesting RSUs? Thanks
- vote Discount on Apple / Google hardware @ Facebook Do you get any discount on buying Apple/ Google products being an employee Facebook?
- TC and culture as hardware engineer in Google and Facebook, California PhD + 2.5 yoe in a semiconductor company as an analog integrated circuit design engineer. Thinking of transition to hardware engineer role in Google or Facebook for a better TC. What is the typical TC in Google or Facebook? Any other thought about hardware groups there? Got L3 offer from Apple as ne
- Google and Facebook - Hardware Currently an ICT3. Heard Facebook and Google hardware teams dont have as much hardware expertise as they like and so are buying employees from traditional hardware companies What can a Masters + 2YOE expect if he/she were to move to Facebook or Google Hardware. Any insights are appreciated.
- vote Facebook L5 Salary (Hardware Team) Can you please share your L5 salary at Facebook for Hardware team? Thanks
- Facebook Hardware Analytics TC? I’m interested in Technical Program Manager at FB in the Hardware Analytics group. 1) Anyone knows the TC for this role? 2) What would be the interview like? Same questions for another position: Reliability Engineer. Both positions match my BG reasonably well. It’d be great if anyone who’s inter
- Facebook phone interview Can any folks at Facebook guide me what to prepare for Hardware Engineer role at Facebook?
- link Dugan is leaving fb after 18 months https://www.recode.net/2017/10/17/16488654/regina-dugan-facebook-hardware-lab-exit-building-8
- What's going on in Building 8? anyone work there? types of hardware that you're producing or have produced in the past? seems fairly secretive. careers page very generic. is this where Aquila came out of? the old Facebook phone?
- Hardware to software switch Hardware has saturated and not been exciting for me. I am planning to go back to school for either PhD in computer vision or related roles to get roles AI related at Facebook which have hardware and software exposure. Can anybody in these roles throw some opinions on how the work is going to be ?
- Who's actually hiring in hardware? Who's hiring in hardware these days? Seems only Google, Facebook and some Apple teams. Difficult to actually know, can't figure the fake perm job posting from the real ones.. Qualcomm, Intel, Nvidia, Microsoft, Amazon, Cadence, Synopsys, Marvell, Roku, Apple, Facebook, Google, Cisco, Micron, Huwa
- Facebook Portal Group Hello all, I ust got a call from a @FB recruiter. He was pitching a test position at Facebook Portal group. Could anyone provide more information about the group? Yes, I know about Portal devices reviews on Amazon. I am more interested in group moral and if they have plans to increase hardware pres
- Is it worth moving to Google from Facebook for 20% TC hike? F->G Seattle ->Mountain View. $265k- >$320k E5->L5 Compared TC in smartasset. My take home is going up only 20k and that will be compensated for cost of living. Hardware org. solutions architect role. similar role and job responsibilities. I feel, I established myself very well in my team and te
- what type of sales role at FAANG just curious what type of business development b2b sales roles are available at FAANG? just fyi, ive been in sales role for post MBA 6 years and total about 10 years, and most of my sales experience is to sell hardware materials to FAANG companies as a supplier. just curious what type of sales role
- How is Facebook so broken How can Facebook with so many employees be so incapable of having a stable platform running on PC? The platform always is laggy and feels super buggy. On mobile it runs fine, but it seems like on all my windows devices it runs like shit. And I'm not the only one experiencing this because friends rep
- Embedded Specialist looking to move Asking for an acquaintance. He's currently a senior manager at a major hardware (tooling) company, leading a couple teams (and managers). ~4 years there, with almost 20 years before that as an IC (with some lead positions) firmware/embedded software engineer at various places. Basically an expert
- Resume advice: framing unusual Edu & Exp I have some unusual educational creds and work experience. What's the best way to frame these in a 1-page resume to clear recruiter screens and get a phone screen? 1. I'm doing a part-time MSc in Soft Eng from Oxford. It's a classroom program for professionals, and I use my vacation time to attend
- link The ugly side of working at Amazon 1. Only 6 public holidays per year. 2. Only 2 sick days. 3. Parking is subsidized ($160 per month), but not free, in a crowded downtown Seattle. 4. Zero paternity leave. 5. Sometimes you have to pay for your own food in team gatherings (feels silly when the business is making millions of dollars, an