- The Disruption of Uber There have been lots of threads around pros/cons of Uber. After this post I am signing out for good. To win the future of ride sharing requires: 1) consumer brand and trust 2) L5 autonomy 3) operations expertise with physical assets Google has 1 and (soon) 2. They will have to develop/acquire/pa
- Comp expectations for staff engineer at uber I'm an IC 6 at Oracle, been here at that level for ~3.5 years, had joined through an acquisition . I had a really great onsite round recently and expecting an offer ... any guidelines on what to expect? I know there was a recent comp adjustment /rethink at Uber ... I'll appreciate any insights. Than
- link Postmates on sale? https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/recode/2019/7/11/20688108/postmates-acquisition-ipo-doordash-walmart-uber
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Elimination of QE role, growing trend in SF Bay Area software industry I heard that facebook, airbnb, uber already dont have qe/sdet positions and recently LinkedIn (following Microsoft acquisition) is doing the same. Is this the future of the industry where there will be dedicated tools team, bunch of domain expert quality guys who have basic understanding of coding a
- Laid off - How to Address in Resume + Interview So I am one of the folks affected at the Avvo acquisition by Internet Brands (so I was laid off and not fired). I am non-tech. Curious what recommendations everyone has (especially recruiting folks) in terms of handling a layoffs and applying for new jobs. Given the whole Uber situation in the new