- Is there anything I can do about Facebook’s RSU vesting schedule? Received an L4 offer from Facebook (167k+75k+355k). The things is Facebook has this “interesting” vesting schedule: I’m joining FB on August 19th, then I would skip the next quarterly vesting cycle on December 15th, and get my first vesting (for a quarter’s worth) February next year. So basically I
- link Settle down in San Diego or rent in the bay Household income of 340k TC in San Diego. Decent new construction homes are 1.3MM here https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/Sendero/Plan-2/home/147533783 Older smaller homes can be had for $800k with a short < 10 min commute. https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/8814-Via-Andar-92122/home/4869945 I
- vote Robinhood vs Airbnb vs Facebook as new grad Considering joining Robinhood or Airbnb as a new grad instead of returning to FB (prev intern). TC at Robinhood/Airbnb is slightly higher, but rsu is not liquid. What are the pros and cons of choosing one or the other? Here’s what I thought of so far: Pros of Facebook: - Seattle (Lower CoL and n
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Why can’t people afford to buy in the bay? I’ve seen many articles and often hear how engineers making $200k+ in salary plus equity can’t afford to buy a house in the Bay Area. I don’t understand it so I’m hoping someone can help me. I am not an engineer making $200+ salary. I bought a condo almost a decade ago in SF. Even though the econom
- link $216,181 household salary is required to buy an avg house in San Jose You need over 2x the income than in NYC? #wtf http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/20/216181-thats-the-household-income-needed-to-buy-a-house-in-san-jose-metro-area-report-says/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=151121821
- Sign-on bonus How does tax work with the Facebook pay sign-on bonuses in California? Is it just considered part of your income? Or is more withheld and until you file your tax return? Will be first time in the to US tax system. How much would you expect to be withheld on a 100k signing bonus?
- Vancouver vs london FANG compensation I live in vancouver and pay 30 percent tax. Salary is 110k cad. I take home about 6.5k cad every month, rent is 2.5k cad for a 2bdr. Im an sde1 and im thinking of moving to London. How much do fellow sde1s make in London at The amazon/google/facebook offices? How much is the net income after tax?
- What programming languages do FANG companies require you to know? I’m not in software, but I️ see that company hopping amongst the major leagues happens quite frequently. I’m going to do a brain dump of a series of questions. 1.) Is there a common programming language that would benefit you across all of them? 2.) What would you be expected to know as a new grad
- $115/hr Facebook Contract - LLC / S-Corp Question I received an offer from K2 Partnering Solutions for a 6 month (Engineering) contract with intention to extend to 12 months at $115/hr at Facebook in Menlo Park, CA. A colleague suggested that I should look into incorporating an LLC and electing for S-Corp Taxation to be exempt from income taxes.
- Austin Software Engineering jobs that allow moonlighting? I moved to Austin recently and started a SaaS business that brings in around $20k in passive income a month (previously worked at Facebook in the Bay Area). Anyone know of decent software engineering jobs here that allow moonlighting? Would love to be able to work a day job while maintaining my curr
- link SRE compensation How true are these data? Seems pretty close to what’s reported on Glassdoor and Indeed. https://bit.ly/2F45XEP I feel like facebook is surprisingly low. Apple is high! I am aware this data doesn’t tell us about the rank level, but still! I am not too surprised about LinkedIn - seems like a great p
- Getting PhD while working at a tier-1 company I haven't finished my PhD (machine learning) in a good university before relocating to US. How can I get PhD here while working at Google/Facebook/Microsoft? I really liked what Andrej Karpathy was doing. He worked on his PhD exclusively, but I think PhD really helped him in the long run. I have
- FAANG and professional side gigs / part time consultants? What's the policy for professional side gigs and consultant arrangements if you're working at a big reputable tech company? The side gig would be unrelated to your work's domain, and is not a primary source of income and involves only a few hours per month, for example: - SDE in Microsoft Office te