- AMA - How I got multiple offers from FAANG and Tier 1 companies I see a lot of folks asking about interview preparation and topics to study for the SWE roles at FAANG. Here's a list of topics that I studied and managed to get offers from Facebook, Apple, Lyft, Linkedin, and Amazon. If you study these topics and once you develop a knack of identifying patterns an
- Companies with forced stack ranking. At capital one, the leadership decides beforehand the distribution for performance buckets. For example last year, they decided at least 12% would get Inconsistent rating and placed on PIP. The calibration process consists of the managers all getting together and bickering about which employee need
- vote Airbnb or Stripe? Assuming roughly equal offers from both for a Senior engineering position, which company would you join? Here's my view (but could use more input from folks that work at these companies): Airbnb Pros: Great business growth, genuinely nice people, good work/life balance Cons: More product/design dri
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- A guide to preparing for the system design/architecture interview Recently someone asked if it was worth brushing up on Lamport timestamps or how to implement leader elections for an architecture interview. Short answer: no. Long answer: As you become a more senior software engineer, your interviews will concentrate less on the coding questions (though that’s sti
- Going out to interview, what level should I expect? 4.5 years experience in LinkedIn, Staff Eng with leadership experience of several decent size projects, and had always been the top performer in the team. Current TC is around 350k/yr. This is my first job out of college so 4.5 yrs in industry. What level and TC can I expect if I go out to interview
- Airbnb inputs- work, comp? Hi- I am considering a move from amazon to try a different company culture and leadership. I’ve been at amazon for 5 years, am still learn new things everyday, but feel a change will be good. Do any of you have insights into working at Airbnb? Company culture? Challenging work? Compensation? Seattl
- Non-Tech Referral I'm looking to leave Amazon after four years and move to the bay area. Looking for non-tech referrals in Program Management at Google, EA, ServiceNow, AirBNB, and StitchFix. I already applied to roles at Uber and Apple before finding this site, otherwise I'd be asking for those as well. Currently mo
- Interview What is the leadership interview at Airbnb like for people management roles ? Any insights ?