- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- 50 possible still I have held many roles and positions (from startup CEO , but mostly a software engineer at some known startups and known big companies) Lived in SV 12 years while at Sun and Yahoo and few startups. Would anyone hire a 51 year old to just be a senior engineer anymore? I just like to Code, sans bull,
- OCI vs Tableau vs Amazon I recently posted regarding the offers and have some update for them. 5 years experience. OCI (Seattle): Base - 155K, Equity - 6600 ($320K - 4 year vesting), sign-on - 20K Tableau (Seattle): Base - 140K, Bonus - 10%, Equity - 4500 ($489K - 4 year vesting) Amazon (New York): Base - 165K, Sign-
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Is media taking down tech gaints deliberately? Around 2007-2009 Tech crunch wrote against Yahoo, like every other day. Amazon had it until recently. Facebook is at the receiving end lately, with everything blown out of proportion. Yes, each company had their problems, but feel media blows everything 10x once the company is under negative public
- Just unsub’ed from Quora. Feels great Used to love the daily digests and even seeking the site out. But it came to be useless and garbage. Like basically yahoo answers. Anyone still a fan? TC: 0 Quora bucks
- BANG? Inspired by the Yahoo poster who claims it should be FANGY because Yahoo is old and top ten most visited sites... Made me think... According to that criteria, Brazzers needs to fit into the acronym as well. They are old and probably top 20 visited sites. At least it's true for myself (sample size
- Oath on-site interviews Hi, I have an on-site interviews at Oath/Yahoo coming up. Recruiter told me there will be 4 interviews. The interviews are for IC3 role. If anyone did on-site at Oath recently, please share your experience. How many were coding and how many were design rounds? Were the problems LC medium or hard?
- Bloomberg on-site coming up ... Have to schedule my on-site interview at the NY or Princeton office. 1) Which one would you suggest and why ? 2) What is the level of difficulty of problems ? leetcode mediums ? design rounds ? 3) places to roam around the next day ? have never been to either of the spots Having interned at Yaho