- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- VMWare TC for 2 yoe Expecting an offer from VMWare for SW Automation engineer. I do not have any data on what vmware offers as TC. I am thinking of $130 base, $20k sign-on and $200k rsu. Is it do-able? If not then what is realistic? PS- asking for a friend. PS- please dont say tree-fiddy.
- Infrastructure Software engineer at Google (SWE) A google recruiter has reached out for this role with title as Infrastructure Software engineer (SWE). They said they are very much interested in my profile and can skip phone interview as well. But due to this unusual title, I'm having questions: 1. I'm only interested in regular SWE roles - backe
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What tech are you focusing on to grow your career? As a network person I am focusing on Red Hat Linux mastery, Open Stack, VMWare NSX, BGP EVPN+VXLAN, SDN northbound and southbound interfaces, NETCONF + YANG. Also Ansible + YAML , Python, Open Stack heat templates, Puppet/Chef, etc for automation and deployment. What about you?
- Comp too low for a SysEng? Does a $65k salary seem low for Systems Engineer job (PHX market) that is requires to be a jack of all trades, expert in none? I need to know my way around Linux, Windows, Hyper-V, SAP HANA, VMware, Cisco Nexus and UCS, setting up PXE and customizing Linux environments for automation, python and ba
- Systems Engineer in Playa Vista, Ca Looking for a strong engineer with mix of system admin and engineer experience in linux or windows background. tech stack ( linux, windows, AD, SSO, esxi, ) this is a well established entertainment group in a small shop with start up culture and mind set. we definitely are looking for someone able t