- link [AMA] Interview tips after a recent round of offers (380~500k) TLDR: Offers ranging 380k~500k from Facebook, Uber, and 2 other companies. Non-exceptional IC with 5 years of experience. Interview tips are nuanced and its your loss if you don’t read. ### About me ### Software engineer with 5 yoe in the bay. B.Eng (not comp sci) in a well-known school. Mostly se
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- Google 84% revenue from ads ..other revenue including cloud is very very less Google failed products: Google Wave. It could have been Slack. Orkut. It could have been Facebook. Google+. It could have been Snapchat or WhatsApp. Google Hangouts on Air. It could have been Facebook Live or Periscope. Google Answers. It could have been Quora. Google Catalog Search. It could have
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Emdedded software to generalist engineer I have 12 YOE as an embedded software engineer. I know C only and never developed with anything else. I am currently an SDE 2 in Amazon and got on site interview at Facebook for E5 position. I checked the design interview and damn lol... I am screwed :). Load balancing, sharding, back end vertical
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- Options moving forward Currently talking to 4 places: TuneIn, Sr/Staff SWE. Applied for Staff but I think they probably expect considerably more YoE based on first phone call (non-technical). Tech call scheduled soon. Numbers quoted put TC at ~180-190 (with potential to go higher if I blow them out of the water and
- Google onsite San Bruno I have Google SWE L4 on-site interview in a week at San Bruno(YouTube office). Has anyone taken on-site at San Bruno, is it any different from Mountain view? I was not confident on System Design, my recruiter made all 5 rounds coding.
- YouTube / Google onsite interview I’ve been contacted by Google recruiter a month back and was scheduled a phone screen. After the phone screen, I was told that YouTube is interested to schedule an on-site. How different is YouTube process from Google’s interview process? And how is YouTube different/ similar to Google? What to e
- Tips to help when feeling “overwhelmed” with onsite interview prep? I have an on-site in a few days at a known mid-sized company in the LA area. While studying for the onsite (leetcode, YouTube, etc), I’m finding myself just completely overwhelmed by the amount of material. Combine this with the fact that I could be asked any puzzle/question from this set of 1000+
- Any high quality site for learning ML? So there is no dearth of content on YouTube for leaning ML but 90% of it is utter garbage. I am looking for a high quality site which reaches ML concepts by means of videos I don't mind paying subscription fees. (I don't like udemy and i don't like coursera either) I can give the analogy of aclou
- Best ad blocker for safari / firefox For me none of the ad blockers are working.i use safari. I stopped using chrome and will never go back to it. I am open to using Firefox. I specially want to block ads on YouTube. Is there a ad blocker which works any more? So far I have tried 1. Ad blocker by Fiblab. It doesn't work on any site
- Airbnb On-site Interview Tips About to do an on-site with them! Does anyone have any tips? Their’s look the most difficult out of the major tech companies. Kinda scared! I’ve done 100+ LeetCode problems and now brushing up on system design videos on YouTube.
- What's your favorite tech news site? Whats your favorite news site to keep up with the industry? It can be websites, blogs, YouTube channels, or even print. Curious what everyone is reading to keep current.
- YouTube SDE on-site tips? Any personal experience, both good and bad is appreciated. Just looking to learn a bit more about what I'm getting myself into