- Oracle (OCI) hiring happy hour Hi guys, Got an invite for a hiring event at oracle. Does anyone know what it's like? Edit: it's for OCI
- Oracle on Hiring Freeze? Is Oracle or OCI on Hiring Freeze? If so, then any idea on how long?
- link Oracle favors H1Bs over Americans https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/25/h-1b-oracle-favored-hiring-foreign-graduates-of-u-s-colleges-over-american-grads-feds-allege/ Oracle likes treating employees like cattle. Much easier if they need you for visa.
and industry lounge.
- Oracle offer Just curios are there any folks waiting for oracle offer letter? I was interviewed in early Feb, 2019 and still waiting. Is this common? For interview, they were so aggressive for booking my flight to setup onsite interview in Bay Area but now recruiter and hiring manager are mentioning process is s
- OCI is not hiring new grad? Is this true that Oracle OCI is not hiring new grads from this january 2019? I got an offer and then decided the compensation but later they said you cant join until june.
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- Oracle OCI offer delayed? Got a call from recruiter saying I passed the on-site and they want to hire but they are not able to extend an offer for at least the next couple weeks because of a hiring freeze. Anyone at Oracle know more? Thoughts?
- Moving from TPM to PM within Google My candidate package for L5 TPM got approved by the hiring Committee yesterday. I am waiting to hear back from the recruiter on the TC. My gut sense is that I may be lowballed. My current base is 185k RSU 20k bonus 15% at Oracle. I have been a PM for > 10 years now. I was approached by the Googl
- Anyone hiring in their teams in Oracle? I have heard that oracle is hiring heavily, I'm not that my application would not reach them due to their GPA filtering. Can anyone from Oracle help me out. New grad here, looking for entry level Software Engineer positions!
- Oracle BAL Hello, I got an offer from Oracle 1 month back. At the time of offer letter releasing Hiring manager asked me to join in 1 month. I guess he expected H1 B transfer will complete so fast( may be he is not aware of complete process) After that BAL asked me to send documents etc and i provided them a
- Questions to ask hiring Manager? Title says it all, I have a 30 min phone interview with Hiring Manager, what questions should I ask so that It makes a long impact in my interview process, this is still my 1st round. Pos - Oracle College hiring program for Software engineer
- Moving from Oracle BMC to other companies(FANG etc.) How was your experience when you moved out of Oracle BMC. How much does recruiter and hiring manager value the experience of BMC.
- Oracle Cloud - OCI Lots of OCI discussion recently but they seem to be hiring as much as possible across all OCI. What’s the work life balance there? Are people generally happy there? What’s the the culture and benefits? What’s the TC breakdown for Principal MTS (IC 4) there? Are most people just there for the cash g
- Heard Oracle OCI is slowing down hiring. Recruiter tried to tell me that I should get in soon or they will close. Is this true, or is he just trying to pressure me. Or is oci in some trouble and slowing hiring
- Oracle cloud senior offer compensation The hiring manager at oracle cloud seattle asked me about my expectations for a senior software developer position compensation. Any suggestions for the range that I should be asking
- How is OCI? Been seeing a lot of posts from Managers and HR about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure recently. Curious to know, how is the culture? How is the hiring bar?
- link Oracle h1b abuse. Comments? https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/25/h-1b-oracle-favored-hiring-foreign-graduates-of-u-s-colleges-over-american-grads-feds-allege/amp/ Do you feel this happens at your company?
- Oracle hiring process Is it just me or their hiring process really really really slow? Been waiting for offer letter for several weeks.
- link H-1B: Oracle favored hiring foreign graduates of U.S. colleges over American grads, feds allege Not only did Redwood City software titan Oracle favor hiring Asians for key departments, it favored non-citizen Asian graduates of U.S. colleges over American graduates, the federal government claimed in a lawsuit. The Department of Labor alleges in its suit against Oracle that a “vast majority” of
- Referrals needed for various companies Hi all, I’m currently working at Oracle since 3 years on a data analytics product on the server side in C++. I have a bachelors from top tier institute in India and am currently working towards my masters in machine learning (online, parttime). I am looking for full time jobs and need referrals. Pl
- Oracle? Heard Oracle is hiring a lot. Trying to get some slice of the cloud money. If so, how do I get an interview? How is it to work there? Anybody from Oracle here?
- Does Oracle usually hire IC5? Applied to Oracle recently. Hiring manager told me that they don’t usually hire IC5 a - that usually you are promoted into that level. Is that accurate? TC 170k, 100 bonus, 200k RSU over 4 years
and industry lounge.
- Oracle hiring freeze Is Oracle hiring for non-engg roles? I hear contradicting stories from folks inside
- Optimise interview order I am planning to interview with Google, FB, Über, Microsoft, Oracle, Netflix and Airbnb. Google is my top choice. How do I optimise the interviewing order so that I have competing offers at hand when I negotiate and also have sufficient interview practice before going for Google. I am assuming th
- Is Oracle hiring in the AI/ML space? On the Seattle job market now. For some reason Oracle is one of the companies that I get no response at all, not even a phone screen. Does anyone know if Oracle (Seattle) is hiring in the AI/ML space? Any referral would be greatly appreciated. Have MSFT, AMZN, and a few others lined up for onsite
- Oracle OCI hiring freeze ? Is there really a hiring freeze right now ?
- Screening-out after an unsuccessful interview? A friend at Facebook referred me for three openings. One of them resulted in a quick callback from a recruiter. I then had a good interview with the hiring manager but he decided to go with another candidate. My friend at FB said that all of his referrals for me were now blocked so I won’t even be
- Design roles in Austin Looking to get out of Bay Area. Austin is attractive, but seems like FANG and most big tech companies don’t put designers in Austin (just other support functions) Are FANG hiring design functions in Austin? Other large-ish (non-startup, non-agency) companies I should look at with good vibe in Austi
- Principal TPM oracle BMC compensation All Looking for some guidance on total compensation for principal TPM oracle BMC. Have 10 years of Supply chain background. Although this is a TPM role, my background is highly skewed towards supply chain and operations.i work in Amazon currently. The hiring manager called me is asking for expected
- FANG salary in Utah? Can anyone come close? Okay, so there’s Oracle, Qualtrics and eBay that come sort of close. I’ve heard Microsoft is there but don’t really see any teams hiring. Anyone else I’m missing that can come close to FANG? I see a few startups that look intriguing like Domo and Pluralsight. After my 3 hour commute home today, I’m
- SQL skill I am a Data Analyst with about 2 years of SQL programming skill in Oracle and SQL server. Been looking for about 6 months but haven't had any lucks. Is SQL skill still demanding and what kind of role or company is hiring?
- How many applications per company Applying for 2-3yr exp SDE backend roles. For smaller companies there are usually few openings and recruiting team is small, so if you apply for only one role then also I think recruiters will consider you for similar roles. How does it work for bigger companies like oracle, adobe, Amazon, Zillow,
- Influence of current employer brand in hiring process How much of current company's brand influence in getting into FAANG? Do they treat a person coming from, say Oracle and from Google to get into, say Facebook equally? Also, how employee referrals are weighed in hiring process?
- vote Oracle BMC/ OCI Looking for a job change and I read that BMC is hiring aggressively in Bay Area. Should I apply for Oracle ? About me: 25 yo, 2 years of industry experience with masters degree.
- Urgent Help- Data Engineer roles in Seattle Blind community, My wife, a database engineer at Oracle based out of Seattle, was laid off earlier today. She is on a H1B visa which means we have a small window of time for her to get another job with minimal hassle. I am reaching out to you all with the hope that some of you may be hiring or may
- Looking for referrals for SWE positions I’m looking for referrals at Apple, Oracle and Twitter. Have 5.5 years of experience and interested in backend/infra positions. Let me know if anyone’s hiring from these companies and I can share my profile. Unfortunately, I don’t have private chats left. Would be grateful if you can PM me.
- vote AWS Transforms into Oracle? AWS is hiring a ton of Oracle SE’s. It will start to feel more and more like Oracle. Agree?
- Looking for PM role referral Anyone works for Saleforce/ LinkedIn / tableau / Microsoft / Netflix / Walmart / oracle / Lyft looking for pm? Can anyone refer me ? If you are in other companies hiring pms please let me know too . Thanks so much. I used up all my quotes but if you can pm me I would be much appreciated. Thanks so
- Best divisions at Oracle HQ? A few of my colleagues recently left to join Oracle, and they've mentioned very competitive compensation, which current company couldn't match. After talking to a recruiter, she mentioned that they were hiring for many divisions. Not sure if I am interested, hearing so much about the negatives abou
- Hiring for Dec grads started? For which companies has hiring for Dec grads started? Amazon and Google reached out already so probably fb apple Microsoft and the likes have started as well. But what about other companies like Finance and fintech? Unicorns? Non big 4/5 like oracle, IBM? I'm struggling to get callbacks from these
and industry lounge.
- oracle BMC\OCI selection process Can someone share how the hiring decision is made on oracle BMC\OCI org? I heard few people who did ok\average got selected and others who did great in most rounds except 1 round got rejected? is every interviewer has points or just yes\no?