- Oracle owns Java I love that we own Java. We can basically do anything, with the power it gives us. What would your company do if you had that kind of power?
- Oracle folks, what is your take on Oracle suing Google over Java? The title says it all, Are you guys in support of this? Embarrassed? Somewhere in between?
- Oracle Ic4 java platform group compensation? I have computer science Master degree, experience working with C/C++/Java open source projects. 12 Total years of software development experience , including 2 years experience as project delivery manager(not the last 2 years). Job offer location : Santa Clara, CA, USA How much should ask for base
- Nice gig in a small town Hey guys, we have some positions available where I work. In-house software development (java), oracle commerce development, QA, big data ETL developer, and DBA. In Knoxville TN / former Silicon Valley leadership, so culture is great. Work/life balance is excellent. Let me know if interested.
- SWEs or Architects list your top 3 skills or more I would like to collect some data of what technical skills are hot in the market right now. Please list +/- 3 of your technical skills, mention your location, TC and YoE as well. Examples: Cloud computing for developers, AWS, azure, etc. Solution architecting AI / ML IoT Security Block chain ...
- Career Advice I am currently working as an Oracle ERP(Consultant) having over 7Yoe, thinking of switching my career in Big Data space, appreciate people’s suggestions viz., where do I Start with on learning? there are wide expectations for Big data positions - companies expect you to know lot of things viz Spark,
- Scope for R data scientists My wife has been a data analytics person throughout her career. Earlier she used to work on Oracle data analytics. She lost her job this year and has taken a career break to re-skill herself on machine learning and data science. I asked her to learn python .... but she didn’t like the language. She
- QA Engineer wanting to move to Dev I'm a QA Automation Engineer. But I've always wanted to be a developer. How can I become one? I'm not a Computer Science graduate. So, I don't know those space tome complexity questions that the big companies ask. I got laughed at by an amazon phone screen interviewer in 2016 for not knowing that a
- Just enough Math for the working programmer I don't have a CS major. Whatever Math I learnt at school has long been erased from my memory. I just learnt Java and Oracle stored procedures and guess what ... I became programmer :) Fast forward 10 years All my projects are talking about statistics, probability and linear algebra. I try to read
- How many applications per company Applying for 2-3yr exp SDE backend roles. For smaller companies there are usually few openings and recruiting team is small, so if you apply for only one role then also I think recruiters will consider you for similar roles. How does it work for bigger companies like oracle, adobe, Amazon, Zillow,