- vote Finally hard work pays off after lots of interview Hi Blinders, After applying to almost a hundred companies (Austin/Bay Area), here are my results from last November till today. I know this is nothing compared to Blinders, but still wanted to share and let every one know that don't give up!! 14 Phone Screen -> 8 Technical Phone Screen -> 4 Onsites
- Fixing the Gender ratio in tech I fully understand and accept the problem but I feel that the way we are tackling this at the moment is not correct. All I see in the name of WIT is millions of $$ spent on fancy beach side conference vacations, expensive travel and swags, reserved ticket for women in Google IO and certain unreason
- Visiting bay area - do I need to rent a car? I am visiting bay area from Oct 22-Oct 26 for a conference in Sunnyvale on Oct 23 and 24. The hotel prices are already too high for these day and I am paying around $500-$550 just for hotel for these days. For first 2 days I will be staying near Apple/Google campus in Sunnyvale and I wanted to roam
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- It couldn't be that easy to get interviewed by a FANG+M?? Until I tried. Lesson Learned: I couldn't understand why ppl kept saying just go interview with another company to leverage your offer. How easy can it be to just get interviews at the top tech companies in the world? I swear I thought yall were lying. Then I got hit up by Microsoft for a job function I'd never consider on my ow
- Does it make sense to put research publications on a resume while applying for an unrelated software engineer role? The research papers are all published in international, peer reviewed conferences (Grade A or better), however they are in a completely unrelated field (NLP and ML) as compared to the roles I’m applying for with the resume (Software Engineer, cloud/systems/security) at Google, FB, Apple, etc. Does
- Apple Perks Are Apple employees provided with an iPhone or a a data plan? What about travel for conferences? What are some other perks provided? TC: 195K