- Improvement in the Facebook language translation algorithm I observed an instance where Hindi language written in English script was correctly translated by Facebook. This is impressive. See screenshot. I have also observed that the translation quality has improved dramatically. I know that Facebook used to rely on Bing translation. I assume they have thei
- Is Facebook recording you through microphone and using that data? Is Facebook using your conversation for ads and Facebook feed algorithm?
- Mail Bombers Facebook Friends Facebook folks-How does this not get caught by an automated algorithm?
- Facebook building 8 TPM Hi What to expect in the Facebook building 8 TPM interview.D they ask whiteboard algorithm questions ? Thanks
- Interview @ Facebook I have an interview at Facebook for Embedded role. Should I be prepared for tough algorithm problems as well. Stuff like dynamic programming, greedy and backtracking.
- On-site interview breakdown. I received my schedule for my Facebook onsite interview and aside from behavioural and system design, I have 2 career + coding interviews which the document says both include 25 minutes whiteboarding on an algorithm. Are career + coding interviews just a normal algorithm whiteboarding interview? I
- Preparation for fb and G, should I start reading the cormen algorithm book or solve leetcode. I'm an engineer with decent understanding of algorithm and DS, I want to prepare for Google and Facebook interview, so I'm thinking should I read cormen algorithm book or just solve leetcode. Im setting 3 months for this preparation. Help is appreciated.
- Facebook data scientist I have heard that Facebook data scientists are more similar to data analyst or BI engineers in other companies. How true is this? Btw, do FB data scientist interviews ask LeetCode algorithm questions? Or is it just LeetCode SQL questions? Thanks.
- FB onsite for Data Engineer position Going onsite at Facebook for Data engineer position next month and curious how much should i emphasize on ds/algorithm/coding part. Do i really need to dig through tree and graph questions or general idea is okay? Any help is appreciated. Also open for suggestions and dos and don’ts for onsite. Tha
- link The algorithm did it “Due to the way algorithm changes made earlier this year interacted with the fierce devotion in France to local and regional identity, the country is now facing some of the worst riots in many years — and in Paris, the worst in half a century.” https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/fra
- Will people w/ front end exp expect to be asked front end design instead of architecture system design in interview? What will people with 1yr front end exp expect to be asked in interview? I see people with 1 year of experience are asked for architectural system design a lot, but I’m not sure if that’s for front end.. I think Google will likely not ask design problem - just algorithm. What about other companie
- FB ios interview Anyone here have insight on the best way to prepare for an on-site Facebook iOS interview? Ive been practicing tree traversals, sorts, and whatever I can find on glassdoor the last few weeks. Nervous about being unable to get a solution on some of the algorithm / tree questions in the allotted time.
- Facebook iOS interview Hi guys, i would like some tips. I am going to have interview with facebook for ios position. However i found it pretty hard to pass it not because of the data structure and algorithm test but because of the ios specific question... Last time they asked me how to implement uiscrollview from scratch
- How long does it take to hear back from Facebook I have a question please, I had an interview with facebook in london, I was under the stress during the coding part, My code was correct but it's not the perfect one. I want to know 2 things : - ther's any chance to move the next round even my algorithm was O(n^2) 😅? - How much time it will take
- FAANG interviews not going well Hi all. I had a question regarding interviews at some of the big developer shops here in the Bay Area. I've interviewed in the last six months (final round) with Facebook, Amazon, Linked-In and Google. They all ended up declining for the exact same reason, I'm bad at doing algorithm puzzles on a whi
- Thought: Facebook isn't a tech company, but a tech heavy social networking/social media company As I'm graduating from college(computer science), a few of my friends tell me that I should take Facebook's offer because it's a great and in demand "tech" company. In my opinion, Facebook isn't a tech company. It's a social networking company. It's all online, so there's a lot of technical things
- Facebook profile - “People you may know” Today I was checking my Facebook profile and saw almost all current and past co-workers suggested in “People you may know”. How the hell do you know that all of them are/were related to me? For example, there was a co-worker from 7 years ago that I haven’t talked at all, but somehow FB knows that
- How do I become good at algorithm interviews? I always fuck up algorithm interviews and never made it past the first round at prestigious companies. I would do anything to work at google or Facebook. But I'm not smart. I've had my iq measured and it's 126 but my PRI (abstract reasoning) is 105. Therefore novel problems are really hard for me.
- Disagreeing with CtCI answers I've got the 5th edition and just went over the answer for this question: > How would you design the data structures for a very large social network like Facebook or LinkedIn? Describe how you would design an algorithm to show the connection, or path, between two people (e.g., Me -> Bob -> Susan ->
- Terrible at whiteboard algorithms I have 17 YOE, but just recently moved to U.S. (115k TC in small South Florida company) and I'm doing my first few interviews for large companies. And besides doing well in phone interviews (was invited for onsite in almost all companies), I'm doing terrible whiteboard algorithm interviews. First I
- System design for FANG senior positions Just got a rejection from Facebook after on-site. I have 10+ years of experience so can only be evaluated as E5 or above. I thought I did well during interview. Solved almost two coding questions on each of the three algorithm sessions (demonstrated my thought process as much as I can instead of jus
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- Tired of cranking a warm and sticky one with the boys 😫 I am a single man working in Bay Area. Every day, after spending 7+ hours to add 2 lines of code to my project, which is absolutely critical to my company (according to my manager, even though no one knows about it), I take some well-earned rest to congratulate myself and then proceed to undertake m