- Advertising for startup company. I have a startup company. How do I get websites like verge, Android police to write an article about it?
- Facebook is an advertising company Change my mind.
- What's the PERM application policy at Amazon? Got an offer, checking if they'll apply for Green Card anytime soon. Since my current company would apply in next few months. Organization is Amazon advertising
- Senior Product Manager - Tech Have an offer with Amazon Advertising for $238k ($155 base, $75k sign, 100 shares with Amazon backloaded vesting). The recruiter says it’s top of range and doesn’t want to negotiate. I have 10 years of experience in advertising and tech. I expected more from a brand name company. Also, they downgr
- link Amazon hiring 2,000 people in New York City, opening big new Manhattan office for AWS, Amazon Fashion and more Amazon is gearing up for a big expansion in the Big Apple. The company will open a new 360,000-square-foot office in Manhattan next year, with room for 1,800 workers. The new office will house people working on Amazon Web Services, Amazon Fashion and Amazon Advertising. It will be the New York home
- Seattle Product Management roles Which companies have good product management roles in Seattle and around? Appreciate company name and teams. I'm considering moving out. I can kickoff this thread - Amazon (Alexa, Music, Video, Kindle, Retail, Advertising, AWS and pretty much everything as it's the HQ).
- What next ? I have been with a digital advertising tech company spear heading product, tech and infra, with experience of about 16 yrs in development and management. Lately, feeling too left out or disoriented and loosing focus. May be, wondering where should I head next ? Too many open ended thoughts. Any su
- Political Ads on Facebook Do Facebook employees think the company is doing enough internally to combat the problem of fake news/political advertising from foreign entities, or is the only way to truly solve the problem is to regulate political ads like print, tv and radio?
- New grad marketing roles Hey guys, a friend of mine has great experience in product marketing and advertising in general (4 relevant internships at companies such as Visa, Grey, and a midsized tech startup). Was just wondering if any of you work at a company hiring for that role. Would love to send you her resume or just di
- PM vs Data Scientist I have two offers going atm. A data scientist role with a small consulting company where I would be designing solutions using Google Cloud Platform. Also, a pm role at an AI startup that was recently featured in top 100 AI startup of the world and has 100mn+ funding. Both jobs are in Pennsylvania, w
- link Come join Stitcher! The Best Place For Podcasts Stitcher was an early leader in podcasting with its best-in-class podcast listening app available on both iOS and Android -- alongside podcast advertising leader Midroll Media and top podcast comedy network Earwolf. Today, Stitcher has solidified its position as an end-
- Is having an affair with a client a conflict of interest? This might be a no brainer but I work at an advertising agency and I just got wind that one of my counterparts is dating one of his clients who is married. I’ve been extremely annoyed with this coworker lately bc they tout in meetings that he can easily get the client to “give them more money” for s
- Associate Account Strategist career at Google? Recently got an offer for Google’s Associate Account Strategist role, which would require me to relocate and take a 7-8% base salary cut (I’ve been at my current company for almost 2 years in the digital advertising space). Would appreciate hearing about anyone’s experience with the role specifical
- Systems Design Question - Data How would you design this system? System outline: 1B records coming in per day, for an advertising company. Focused on real time reporting with specific focus on how to partition the system. Data comes in on a hit stream - and is allowed to be sliced on any of the fields Each hit has the following
- link Disney - Hulu Takeover: Layoffs in Ad Sales? Other Depts.? A number of articles mention that Disney will "consolidate" their ad sales (and likely other) teams. The below article mentions a "single ad-sales team for Disney" and Iger himself has stated "the company planned to integrate the service into its business operations, and that its staff would probabl
- Entire HR Dept Quietly Eliminated. Cause for concern? Is an HR dept still relevant or necessary for tech companies and startups? Outside of recruiting and hiring how important is it to you that there is an HR dept in tact at your company? or at least one single person who knows you, the management and some history of the place? What do you use HR for a
- link Verizon officially dumps the Oath name for its media group https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/verizon-officially-dumps-oath-name-for-its-media-group?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpGbVpERmhaamszTXpRMSIsInQiOiJWV01nd2pHaW51XC9DdWc1S1FqYWh5WEVWXC96QTNHR0dFUUFicFN1OWhKWHQ5WmFETXl1dzloZXBHVHdJV0tldFBBaDd1R3BYUFBFNWM4TE91XC93NGNwY0xrNFpVYVcyQWpBeldJUFROSDMzTGR1eldNV2xza2pNTHp
- Are any companies offering unpaid internships? I’ve been working retail for the past 2 1/2 years now and have really just hit a dead end. Currently 20 years old majoring in marketing. In all of my free time though I’ve learned an absurd amount of Swift and really want to pursue iOS development. I know how competitive it is in the bay for paid in
- link Amazon diaries: fulfillment center speed-ups and factory conditions “When you recognize that we are what keeps Amazon going, and the most important part of the business, putting us at the top of the pyramid is right. Workers – whether the engineers or the hundreds of thousands of warehouse employees – are the backbone of the business and the source of astounding wea
- Team and product vs TC/Prestige Does anyone actually care about what product they’re working on? Or are people just joining these FAANG companies for high TC only and dont actually care what they work on? I’m a new grad, and although I chose a lesser prestige company, Amazon, I at least made a huge effort to find a product I was
- Advertising to tech! I'm currently working as technical lead for a European company. I was hired two years ago to move to New York, alone, to setup their New York branch, meet clients, hire people, and make the office successful. It worked out great, but I'm extremely bored at work (lack of challenges) because we lack s
- 25 yr old feeling stuck in career Hello I'm 25 I have a sociology degree from UT Austin. After graduation I took a low paying 2 yr contract and worked as an adviser in a high school in my home town. I ended up getting a second job for a partnership company that markets online degrees for universities. I now work there fulltime It is
- Do diversity programs ever cross the line? I generally consider myself pretty liberal and am a strong proponent of diversity, but there’s one policy in the name of diversity that really does not sit well with me. Several companies in the Bay Area have special referral bonuses for referring underrepresented minorities, i.e. If you refer an en
- link The peeps who matter at Lyft Good write up from The Information. The People Who Matter at Lyft Below are 104 of the top employees at the ride-hailing company, including operations (the biggest group) and two organizations that are gaining importance within the company—growth and autonomous vehicle research. Employees a
- I have a plan to destroy FB. The social network is actually going to get better, but the stock price is going to crater. First, I'll find some crazy-expensive toys, like electric skateboards and electric surfboards that cost many thousands of dollars, and I'll set up a fake company to "make" them for $35 or so. Then I'll suc